Ball

*Vivian's P.O.V*

Coral scratched my back gently, making me grumble and squirm with happiness. I nuzzled into her with a small smile on my lips. I could sense a bit of dread in her but I couldn't place why. I mean yeah now I had to stay with her because her psychotic brother wanted to hurt and possibly kill me but isn't that how everyone bonds?

I crawled into Coral's lap and looked up at her, nuzzling into her. Her hand slipped under my shirt and she gently scratched my back with a small smile. "What's going on?" she questioned as she smiled softly.

"I am so tired and I want cuddles but I also want to play so badly," I whined with a frown on my lips. She chuckled as she laid back and let me cuddle up on her stomach. "More cuddles, more affection," I demanded while looking up at her.

"Ask nicely," she said, earning a small whimper from me. I looked up at her with puppy dog eyes, trying to convince her to do what I said.

"Please give me more cuddles and more affection," I said after a moment as I looked down with a disappointed look on my face. I couldn't believe that I had to actually request it and that she didn't just give into my demands.

"Thank you for asking nicely," she praised me as she rubbed my back. I nuzzled into her with a small sigh of sadness. "Poor little kitten, you had to ask me nicely for something for once," she stated as she patted my bottom.

"I had to ask for something," I sulked as I nuzzled into her, feeling my puppy headspace start to slip out. I sighed when I managed to slip and looked at her, growling happily as I propped myself up against her and licked her cheek.

"Good girl," she laughed as she rubbed my back gently and smiled at me. I nuzzled into her with a soft yip as she grabbed the back of my shirt and gently pulled me back. I lunged at her with a soft whine escaping me as she managed to hold me back with one hand. "Aww poor puppy," she cooed as she let me go.

I tackled her and licked her face, yipping happily as I sat on top of her proudly. I growled happily when she grabbed my ball and threw it across the room. I chased after it and happily picked it up, going back to her. I let her think I was returning it to her before I dashed off, looking back at her proudly. She raised an eyebrow and kept her hand extended which made me reluctantly approach her.

"Give me the ball," she said sternly. I sulked as I hesitantly dropped the ball into her hand and sat still, watching her anxiously. "Are you going to give me the ball back if I throw it for you again?" she questioned. I nodded my head as I stared at the ball and licked my lips.

She threw the ball and I scrambled after it, slipping and falling down before I pushed myself up. I retrieved the ball and brought it to her, dropping it into her hand. She threw it again and I chased after it, yelping when I crashed into the wall. I saw Coral move towards me but I picked up the ball and brought it back to her, dropping it at her feet.

"Are you okay?" she questioned me with a frown on her lips. I looked up at her and waited for her to throw my ball again. "I'll take that as a yes," she said as she bent down and grabbed my ball. "Maybe we should go play outside so that you don't run into a wall again," she said. I whined as I tried to get my ball back, pawing at her leg with a frown.

I smiled when she gave me back my ball and I held it happily while looking up at her. She clicked her tongue and I pranced after her, proudly holding my ball. I gently nudged her leg as I followed her, letting her look down to see my ball. I was proud that she kept looking down at it even though she couldn't touch it any more. 

"Can I see your ball?" she asked as she held her hand out. I shook my head as I kept walking ahead of her. I reluctantly gave her my ball when we stopped in front of a door that led outside and she wouldn't open it until I handed over my ball. I sulked as she opened the door and I went outside in front of her before I turned back to her, waiting for her to throw my ball.

She threw my all and I scrambled after it, tripping and stumbling while doing it. I happily picked up my ball and growled happily as I tossed my head up and let my ball go, watching it go into the air. It fell back down on me and I yelped before I picked it up.

"Poor girl, your ball is working against you," Coral laughed. I growled at her laughing at me and turned away with a whine. She was mocking me in some way even though it wasn't my fault that her throwing ability sucked and that I had to do everything for myself.

I took my ball and went off into the grass, curling up with my ball tucked underneath me. I wasn't going to let that meanie touch my ball after she laughed at me. I hated that the mean lady thought she could have the privilege to touch my ball.

"Oh come on Vivian, I'm sorry," she said as she sat down by me. I glared at her as I growled softly before turning my head away. "Please forgive me girl," she said as she rubbed my back. I turned away with a soft huff, us both knowing that I would forgive her in a moment even if she hadn't apologized to me.