𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

"𝐁𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐄!" Eleanor called out as she dropped the two girls off at the front of the school

"𝐁𝐘𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐄!" Eleanor called out as she dropped the two girls off at the front of the school. "Hey thanks for letting me borrow your clothes," Kim said, as she straightened the top to better fit her torso. "Of course, I didn't realize we'd end up falling asleep talking about Jane Austen," Cecelia said as she stuffed her mouth with another strip of french toast.

"Oh, that's right! We were talking about how Mr.Darcy is a grade A asshole," Kim remembered as she opened her mouth for another bite of French toast. Cecelia laughed and fed her a piece as they walked towards the school. "Mhmm, oh, and his side burns? Absolutely disgusting," Cecelia motioned two fingers towards her mouth as she pretended to puke. Kim threw her head back and laughed as they pushed through the front doors.

"Cecelia!"

The two looked up at the voice to see a curly haired boy running towards them. Kim and Cecelia shared a look, before Kim nodded and walked off, taking the last piece of French toast. "I'll see you in class," she muttered. Cecelia then turned to Quil with a smile, as she wiped her hands on her pants. "Quil," she said and slightly opened her arms for a short hug.

Quil was baffled, unsure of what to do, so he awkwardly leaned in and slightly pat her. Cecelia frowned and returned the odd pat before pulling away. "Did you just forget how to hug?" She teased and he laughed awkwardly looking away.

She noted the tired look on his face, evidenced by his black under eyes. "Gee you look tired. What time did you sleep last night? You send that message pretty late..." She asked as she tugged on his wrist for him to face her. He immediately blushed at the contact, ignoring the shiver running through his spine. "Oh so you got it? Okay I wasn't sure. I mean, I figured you were sleeping, but what if something snatched you or something," he rambled as the thoughts that kept him up all night ran through his head.

He had made sure to run by her house eight times last night to make sure she was okay. She looked at him amusedly, but just laughed it off. "You think some big bad wolf from the woods is going to come out and eat me, Q? I'm stronger than that, come on," she joked and Quil immediately stilled.

She started walking ahead and only slowed her pace when she noticed he wasn't following. He shook out of his trance and immediately caught up, while clearing his throat. "Wolves aren't all bad you know," he started. She raised a brow at him, "you got a thing for wolves Quil?"

He forced a laugh out as he began to sweat nervously. "Well, uh... you remember the spirit warriors story?" He asked. She nodded slowly, "the one we were told as kids?" He confirmed her thoughts and she nodded again, "it's really foggy, I only remember the term."

He pursed his lips, debating if it was too early to tell her. But, what the hell...right?

"Uh, yea, well it's like a tribe story about our ancestors and Billy does a really good job explaining it, but uh... we're having a bonfire this Friday,... if you're interested...? All of the stories are retold there and we can kinda use it for you to be fully welcomed back," he said quickly, but she heard enough to understand.