𝟎𝟔. 𝐛𝐞𝐭

𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 loomed over the boy, and huffed

𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 loomed over the boy, and huffed. It ran off behind a tree and returned as a bulk young man with jean shorts. "Sam," Embry sighed. Sam threw him an extra pair of shorts and turned around without saying a word. After enough rustling, Embry was fully dressed and tapped the man's shoulder.

Sam glanced at him and motioned him to follow. The two of them walked towards the direction Embry knew to be Emily's. He worried his lips between his teeth as he thought about what happened with Cecelia, now knowing that Sam heard all of his thoughts.

"Listen Sam—"

"Save it for when we get into the house," Sam interrupted him and continued walking. It didn't take them long to find the wooden house, the scent of freshly baked muffins met their noses and their pace quickened.

"Sam? Back already?" Emily called out, she stepped out from behind the kitchen counter and jumped in surprise to see Embry. "Oh, hey Embry... don't you have school?" She asked softly as she placed a pan of brownies on the dining table. "I thought I smelled muffins?" Embry frowned as he took a piece.

Emily nodded her head to the batch of muffins in a basket next to the kitchen sink. "They're for Eleanor and Cecelia," Emily hummed. "That's actually why we're here," Sam spoke up, taking a seat at the end of the table. "He knows," he said to Emily and she stilled. "You mean..." Sam nodded at her words. She then turned to Embry, who had a confused look on his face. "Wait, so, what I know, you both already know, but how do I know which of what I know you already know?" He asked carefully, afraid of what secrets he might let out. Emily frowned in confusion and Sam rolled his eyes.

"About Cecelia," he confirmed and Embry visibly shut down for a second as his mind processed everything she told him. "So, it's true...she's dying?" He asked softly, and Emily has never seen the boy so crushed. She moved to hug him and pat him on the back. "Oh my god, Quil imprinted on her! Does he know? Oh shit he doesn't know huh, and she probably doesn't want him to know cause she kinda sounded like she was trying to make it a secret and had to tell me because I kinda caught her l guess?" He started rambling and panicking to himself. "Do I tell him? Do I have to tell him? I can't tell him, it's not for me to tell! But the pack link...oh fuck—"

"Language," Emily reminded him.

"—oh frick! What the hell- I mean heck, are we going to do!" He turned to Sam, who just looked like he was waiting for the boy to stop.

"No one is telling Quil, until the elders figure out how this is even possible," Sam said. "What do you mean? How could it not be?" Embry took a seat as he tried to understand the situation. Sam glared at him for his constant questions before continuing, "imprints are supposed to be in the best health that they can be to be well suited for a spirit warrior. That's how it was written in the books—"

"You see this is exactly why I don't read much. Majority of what old books say are bullshit. Whether written or not, it happened and it's possible. What can the elders do about it?" Embry interrupted Sam, only to really talk to himself.