❀𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞❀

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 was extremely quiet, aside from the frequent beeps that left the machinery attached to her by the numerous tubes and wires

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 was extremely quiet, aside from the frequent beeps that left the machinery attached to her by the numerous tubes and wires. She watches her aunt argue with her doctor, and the remorse painted across their face. She sighed as she turned her attention to the bright day outside the bolted window. She watched birds flap their wings in a cluster and fly through the pretty blue sky. She yearned to be them. Yearned to be able to open her wings and fly. 

Her door opened, and her aunt walked in wiping fleeting tears that managed to leave her eyes. Once they made eye contact, Cecelia instantly smiled up at her. Auntie Elie was all she had left. With the death of her mother during child birth, and the abandonment of her father, all she had was her widowed aunt. Without any hesitation, the moment Cecelia was diagnosed Eli searched for the best hospitals in the country and packed their bags. Friends of her deceased husband in both the tribe and Forks helped covered expenses, but all the weight still weighed on her aunt's shoulder. 

Ceceila scooted to the side and slightly pat the spot next to her. She opened her arms, and her aunt smiled and joined her on the small hospital bed, careful not to pull any wires. They held each other in a comforting silence, as a few tears left her aunt's eyes again as she peppered her nieces' head with kisses. Cecelia could not bring herself to cry, she simply ran out of tears. 

"Auntie Elie?" 

The woman hummed in response as she continues to stroke her nieces' hair. "I'm tired," Cecelia said, and her aunt's embrace tightened, knowing the girl was not referring to sleep. She tried to hold it in, the sobs banging from the inside, but she wanted to be strong in front of the bravest girl she has ever had the opportunity to raise. 

"I think I'm okay now," Cecelia continued. "I think I'm done fighting," her voice slightly croaked. Elie returned to peppering the brunette with kisses on top of her head, as she quieted the sob threatening to rip through her chest.

The young girl raised her hand to cup her aunt's face, "I love you." 

Her aunt leaned her forehead on the girl's with a tight smile, "I love you too, 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐲 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐚."