𝟎𝟑. 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐲

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 boomed against the wooden floors as she dashed through the comfy home

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓 boomed against the wooden floors as she dashed through the comfy home. She waved at her aunt politely before continuing her path towards the study room. Her eyes scanned the vicinity, noting the numerous unpacked boxes and empty bookshelves. With a huff she scanned the marked letters on each one until they landed on the bolded "A-C".

She grabbed a stray box cutter from the top of another box and cut the tape carefully. She opened the box and let her fingers neatly dust off the spines of the abundant books inside. Her index's finger finally landed on the royal blue spine with the golden cursive font, "Pride and Prejudice."

She hummed in approval as she slipped the book out. Her hand carefully brushed across the cover, before grabbing her bag and leaving the room. She settled on her beige comforter and opened the book, prepared to indulge in all 432 pages for the curly haired boy she reunited with today.

"Pride and Prejudice?" She jumped at the voice and turned to the older brunette. She hummed with a nod as she pulled the book off the shelf. "You hate reading Jane Austen," her aunt raised a brow.

Cecelia huffed and glared lightly at her aunt, "only because you made me read her books at the age of eight and made me re-read them every two months after that. Besides, maybe I've come to appreciate them more. Perhaps I've come to an epiphany of sorts." Eleanor scoffed, "an epiphany to read Jane Austen?"

Cecelia looked up from the printed words in the book, "yes, I believe Jane Austen will-"

Her aunt gave her a pointed look. Cecelia groaned and put the book down, "okay, I still hate Jane Austen, but you remember Quil Ateara?"

The older woman hummed, "I'm assuming you're not speaking of the senior, so the curly haired rascal." Cecelia laughed at his description but nonetheless nodded, "well he's struggling in his English Lit class and I offered to help him."

Eleanor smirked at her niece, "ah, so when you said you wanted to live a normal teenage life that included boys." Cecelia's eyes widened and she threw a pillow at her aunt.

"It's not like that, he was one of my best friends, ya know... I just wanted him to know that he can come to me for anything, even if we haven't talked in awhile," she explained and her aunt nodded with a smirk. "You're too cute," she hummed softly as she ruffled her nieces' hair.

Cecelia waved her off, making Eleanor laugh. "How was the job interview?" The girl asked as her aunt sat at the foot of her bed. "I got the job," she paused with a smirk, "not that I'm surprised." Cecelia chuckled, "I told you, you'd get it."

Eleanor nodded as she stood back up, she reached over and brushed a couple of strands out of Cecelia's face with a soft smile. "I'm actually going out tonight. Sue wanted to have a celebratory dinner, so I'll be going to her place. You wanna come?" Eleanor asked, but Cecelia shook her head. "Nah, I gotta get started on this book if I'm going to get anywhere by tomorrow," she said and her aunt nodded.