𝟏𝟏. 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 can signify many things

𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 can signify many things. One of them is connected to a phrase of sorts. A figure of speech, "green with envy". Green is the color of jealousy. The monster that desires what others have. The monster that tends to under appreciate and overlook what they already have.

Green is what Quil sees when he sees Embry Call's figure step out of his car. Green is all Quil sees, as he storms right up to Embry. Already seeing him coming, Embry turns to Quil, as if he expected him to. A look of guilt flashing across his face, "Quil, I'm really sorry about the—'' before he can finish his reasoning, Quil's sending a punch to his best friend's face. Leah's about to step in to stop him, but Paul and Jared hold her back. "Let them settle this," Paul says. Emily and Seth rush out of the house, Seth instinctively uses himself as a makeshift shield for Emily. "Where's Sam?" He asks, and Emily watches the scene fearfully, "he and Jake are helping Billy with something." She quickly answers, and Quil's throwing another punch.

"You son of a bitch!" Quil yells, as another punch gets thrown at Embry. "He isn't fighting back," Leah notices. "Probably 'cause he knows he deserves it," Jared scoffs. "What is he doing?" Seth wonders out loud. Embry currently has his eyes clenched, taking the hits. His whole body is tense, he's trying so hard to refrain from phasing. He can't, the moment he does, Quil will phase, and he'd hear everything. Every secret and ounce of trust Cecelia gave Embry. This lack of response however only seemed to anger Quil more, "why the fuck are you just sitting there!?" He huffs. By now Embry is wincing on the ground, as Quil throws kicks at him. "Come on Call, stop being a fucking coward and face me like a real man! She's my imprint, not yours—" the last part is cut off by the cracking of bones, as Quil phases into wolf form, snarling at Embry.

Fortunately, Sam and Jacob swerve into the dirt path and hop out the vehicle. Unfortunately, it appears to be too late. Despite Jacob's ability to phase on a fly, Quil's already snapping his jaw around Embry's leg. And Embry's scream of pain morphs into a dog's whine, as his body instinctively shifts for protection. And that's where it all unfolds.

Quil's wolf suddenly stumbles back as bombarding thoughts and memories worm their way into his head. Paul and Jared turn to Sam at what to do, but they're met with a look of remorse.

Filtering through Quil's mind is every moment Embry had shared with Cecelia. The skeletons are out, and there's no way to lock them back in.

"Leukemia," a tired yet calm Cecelia says. "Four to six months."

Another memory of Sam and Emily, "no one is telling Quil until the elders figure out how this is even possible," Sam says.

Another has a view of a long list pinned on the back of the door titled, "Cecelia's Banging Bucket List."

More memories and thoughts play. From Cecelia's breakdown at the diner to her crying over Quil loving her. The memories are interrupted by Embry begging Quil to not act hastily after seeing his thoughts. But that's not enough to stop him. He needs to see her. He needs to see everything he's been missing for himself. He needs to make sure she's okay.