meeting your parents | wilbur

wilbur x reader | she/her
request - none
short summary - wilbur meets ur parents, lmao good luck, you'll need it...

hi since this book is has gotten over 3k reads pls go check out my bestest friends book called visions it rlly good and well written pls go give her some love and read it - aepstefana -

- y/n pov

"y/n im nervous, what if they dont like me?" he says, placing his hand on my thigh as we drive.

"wilbur they'll love you!" i say as he pulls into the driveway for my childhood home.

"if you insist.." he mumbles and i open the car door. he gets out on his side. we meet at the front of his car, i grab his hand.

"will i know your nervous and if they say something or do something that makes you uncomfortable just squeeze my hand and i'll change the subject okay?" i say. he smiles reassuringly.

"thank you," he whispers as we start to walk up towards the house. to be honest i actually wasn't sure what they'd think of wilbur. my parents aren't too keen on his profession but i hope they'll look past it. and my dad tends to be very rude to new people so i hope hes in a good mood tonight. i was definitely ready to fight on his behalf, my parents and i havent always had the best relationship but we're on okay terms at the moment.

he nods at me and i ring the doorbell. he grabs onto my hand and takes a deep breath.

"honey, y/n!" my mom exclaims opening the door. i give her a quick hug. i gesture to wilbur.

"mom this is wilbur!" i say with a smile. she hesitates but shakes his hand.

"nice to meet you.." she says and lets us inside. he looks at me with worried eyes. i just softly smile and rub his shoulder. we walk into the living room and see my dad sitting on the couch watching something.

"hey sweetie!" i smile at him. he gets up to meet wilbur.

"pleasure to meet you sir, im wilbur," he says sticking out a hand.

"you too.." he says.

"dinners almost ready if you guys wanna sit down." my mom says. i nod and walk with wilbur and my dad to the kitchen table. i sit next to wilbur and my dad sits across from me and my mom sits across from wilbur.

"so.. wilbur," my dad starts. i start to panic for wil, my dad has no filter.

"whats your job again?" he says looking up at him. i dont even need wilbur to squeeze my hand for this one.

"dad are really gonna ask that right as we sit down? because we will just leave if you're gonna be disrespectful," i say staring at him.

"im not being disrespectful im just askin-"

"why are you 'just asking' if i've already told you what he does?" i say. he doesn't say anything.

"im just gonna go get everything ready," mom says and leaves the table. we all stay silent. wilbur softly grasps onto my hand under the table.

the rest of the dinner was mostly silent. a few comments but nothing else. after wilbur and i left, almost home, i get a text from my mother.

your father doesn't like him sweetie, i dont particularly favor him either.

"who was that?" wilbur asks. i shake my head a little.

"its no one," i say a little too quickly.

"y/n dont keep things from me please," he says. i sigh.

"i just dont want you to upset wil," i say.

"w- what?" he asks, looking at me then back at the road.

"my mom texted me and said they dont like you," i say quietly. he doesnt say anything.

"really?" he whispers.

"its okay wil, its not your fault," i say. he pulls into the driveway and takes his hand off the wheel and puts it on mine.

"but how is it not my fault? they dont like-" he starts.

"wil they hate everyone. theres nothing you could of done to change their minds okay? and besides i really dont give a fuck about what they think of you, you matter so much to me and i wouldnt change my opinions on you because of them okay?" i say, holding onto his hand tighter. he nods.

"thank you," he says. we both stare into each others eyes then he places a hand on my cheek and leans in. i lean over the middle part of the car and our lips connect. i wrap my arms around his neck. he tilts his head to deepen the kiss.

"i love you," he says, pulling away after a couple minutes.

"i love you more,"

-

me 🤝 ending the chapter with both saying ily
(updated: 1/23/21)
(words: 813)