Chapter 3

~Amber~
        Sometimes you need a break not for anyone else but for yourself. Thinking about how weak I was last night made tears threaten to come out of my eyes but it also made my blood boil in anger.

      I was currently sitting on my bed holding a teddy bear close to my chest. Avery entered my room without knocking as pure usual. She scanned the room her face scrunched up in worry as her eyes landed on me. "What happened to you last night. I turned around and you weren't there".

    Blinking rapidly pushing the tears back throwing on a smile "I was almost raped" shrugging it off trying to act brave.

      She narrowed her eyes at me in disbelieve " are you okay"  sitting next to me . I nodded " yeah some guy jumped in and stopped the rapist" feeling ashamed. If the boy wasn't there I would have lost my virginity to that creep and I wouldn't have been strong enough to stop it. 

     Avery pulled me into a hug a wiped a tear from my cheek not realizing that I had been crying. I gave her a slight smile.

     Avery stood up, grabbing my wrist pulling me up with her. " come on let's get out of here". I looked at her without saying anything "don't worry we aren't going to any kind of party" she stated trying to be reassuring.
Before I knew it we were in front of an building that looked like it has been abandoned. "isn't this fangs"

Avery nodded "its a back entrance, cut off to the pubic you normally have have a certain uniqueness to you to get in"

    She opened the door as it let out a creek. Yeah not creepy at all  I cautiously followed her inside the building. Looking around in awe, the inside was huge and it was actually clean who would have guessed.

       Avery led me to a big dining hall that had about thirty people  talking while drinking some wine. She glanced to me " it's not a party" I followed right behind her "Rory" she announced a cheeky smile appeared on her face.

        A tall slim guy turned around at the sound of the name. He had dark brown hair, a stumble on his chin and dark red eyes. I gulped nervously looking at his eyes. 

They are only contacts right?

        A smile played on his lips showing his perfect white teeth "Avery, glad you could make it". Turning to me his smile was replaced with a frown " who's your friend."

      Avery snaked her arm around me " this is Amber she is my best friend". Rory raised an eyebrow at her statement. Avery blushed " well truth to be told she had a rough night last night so I thought to bring her here to take her mind off of things".  He nodded " okay but she can't stay for long" She sent a smile of thanks then grabbed my wrist going deeper into the dining hall. 

     A young girl on stage and started singing some opera like songs. I smiled at her and turned to my friend " so where are we" I asked cocking my head to the side.  She looked around at all the people talking and laughing before responding "we are at a secret meeting place for vampires".

    I started laughing wiping some tears from my eyes. Avery stood there looking at me like I was crazy "are you done" I nodded wiping the last of the tears from my eyes. She shook her head "I wasn't really kidding,  this is really for vampires but I stumbled in here one day and these people know how to have fun". 

  Avery really have lost it vampires only existed movies and books.

     I stayed quiet for a minute " so are you a vampire". Avery smiled silently "no you will never see a fang in here" she opened her mouth to show in-fact there was not a single fang in her mouth.