Chapter 7

~Amber~

Staring outside the car window as the world blew past. On our way the Alpha's Hunt I only got a couple days training from Wyatt before having to make this move.

Truth to be told I was kind of dreading this change I know change can be good and everything but it doesn't make it any easier. At my last school Avery was only so I was practically a no body we did everything together.

Now I am going to have to start at a new school, South Hunt High with no friends. My mom is buzzing with excitement assuring me every five minute that I will make new friends. 

"Amber you'll see everything about this mom just feels right. There is plenty of woods in the area for you to wolf out in. I will be making a little more money so we can have a better life." It's the same old speech each time. 

She got a job as a nurse in the hospital on the outskirt of town. They say that Alpha's Hunt is wolf central and they need more nurses since a lot of wolves have been attacking people.

I don't really buy it wolves only attack when threaten so why is so many people ending up in the hospital? 

"Okay mom you are right as pure usual" at this point it's better to agree or she would go off on how she is not a perfect mom but she is doing her best.

Stepping out the car before it completely stopped as we pulled up to our to house. "Amber" mom screeched running after me. Carefully inspecting me for any bruises or scratches "you need to be more careful. You know better than to get out of a moving car."

I put my hands on my hips a frown present on my face "mom I can take care of myself."

"I know you can sweetie I just don't want to see you get hurt" instantly I felt bad seeing tears well up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for you to worry" the tears dried up clapping her hands "great you can help me move the boxes."

Grabbing a couple boxes making my way towards the house. The box bottom caved in and felt anger as I watched the stuff fall onto the sidewalk.

"Hey let me help you with that" looking up seeing a guy that was very built spiky blonde hair and brown eyes. Taking a whiff smelling wet dog, werewolf.

I smiled gratefully bending down and started pulling the stuff into the first box "Thank you for helping me... I'm Amber" as he came over to help "its no problem I'm Nick."

With all the stuff into the box we stood up dusting off our pants "what brings you to Alpha's Hunt".

"My mom got a job as nurse" he nodded thoughtfully "well I guess I'll see you at school then."

"School?"

"Yeah you are going to South Hunt High" he raised at eyebrow.

"How did you know."

"well it's the only High School in Alpha's Hunt so heh... lucky guess."

                                                                        **************

I walked to school with my head down hoping to avoid as many people as possible.  I was pretty successful till lunch I just went through the line and of course I picked the spaghetti.

I was scanning the room trying to find an empty seat and wasn't paying attention to where I was going and ran into someone and basically throwing my spaghetti on his white shirt.

A growl vibrated in his chest as I looked up it was like the world stopped moving. His forest green eyes bored into mine, his chestnut brown hair was in a messy cut 'mate' my wolf shouted.

His eyes widen at recognizing that I was rightly his. I felt the urge to show everyone he was mine.

I wanted to mark him and kiss his full lips while my hand run down his chest. I cant have a mate now I am not ready. 

My destiny starts when I find my mate. I am not prepared to take on vampires. I don't even want to settle down yet I'm at only sixteen.

I turned tail and ran like a coward. The echos of footsteps followed me as I ran like my life depended on it.

Stopping when I felt someone grab my wrist. I faced my mate "why did you run" tears fell down my face "I ...a-am n-not rea-dy" hiccuping I tried to leave again.

"Not ready for what?" It was a simple question but telling him would mean coming clean with what being a bitten werewolf and being the moon goddess daughter

He is my mate, my ride or die, my other half of my soul he would understand maybe he can help and be supportive. Am I ready to make a big commitment and take my destiny head on.

The answer is a big fat no but my fate is written in the stars running from it would be pointless. He is standing waiting patently for my answer with sauce dripping down his shirt not the ideal way to meet but cute none the less.

"Mate, I was bitten by a werewolf last week and it would seem my mother is the moon goddess" he stayed quiet as if trying to figure out how respond.

"Jake"

"what"

"my name is Jake" blushing a deep red at not bothering with introductions before throwing him into this.

"Amber. Sorry about you shirt" he glanced at his shirt as if remembering it was covered in sauce.

"Don't worry about it, meeting you is worth more than the shirt"

"how many girls have you told that one to" he smirked "well you would be the first." My heart stepped a beat. 

I gave him a quick peck on his lips. He froze just starring at me like I ran over his puppy. I shouldn't have done that. What was I thinking? You don't kiss someone you just met.

"Were mates and you just gave me a peck" he leaned in closer touching our lips once again. It was slow and passionate with longing. We moved in sync he bit my bottom lip asking for entrance.

I pursed my lips closed earning me a pinch on my butt and I gasped in surprise. He took that time to shove his tongue into my mouth fighting for dominance. We pulled way as the bell rand signaling the end of lunch.

"Wow" I whispered touching lip gently in shock. He beamed proud of my reaction "I know right.

Nick threw his arm around Jake "sup Amber" I gave a small wave "Amber Nick is my beta". Beta is a second command of a pack they would take over if for some reason the alpha is unable to perform his duty.

"Beta?" Jake nodded as Nick stood up taller proud of his position.

"Yeah I am the Alpha of the Moonlit Pack"

"Wyatt told me about the Moonlit Pack. It's the strongest pack in the country". Jake growled as his eyes flashed gold.

"Who is Wyatt?"

"No need to get your panties in a bunch. Wyatt is just the wolf who bit me."