Chapter 6

I threw one of my 5-hour-energy into the garbage as Jonah shoved his camera in my face.

"Jonah. If you don't get that camera out of my face, you won't feel sex!" I snapped at him.

"Okay. Here we go. This is the Super Bowl of retail. There's a buzz in the air, a charge that probably doesn't read on camera."

"Uh, but over here we have the pre-opening potluck. Every employee brings a dish, much in the spirit of sharing. Isn't that a delightful tradition, Amy?"

"Yeah, I love waking up at 3:00 a.m. to eat Sandra's cold spinach casserole." Amy said.

"It's meant to be served cold." Sandra said.

"Sorry." Amy said.

"So Quinn. Why aren't you eating?" Jonah asked as I glared at him.

"Because I don't trust food other people make. And I just need 5-hour-energy." He looked down at my cleavage.

I kicked him as he turned to Garrett.

"Okay, Garrett, any advice for my first Black Friday?"

"Get that camera out my face." Garrett snapped.

"All right, not a morning person. Cheyenne, how about you?" I sat beside her.

"How're you feeling?"

"I'm okay. I think I hit something with my car, but I was too tired to check." Cheyenne said.

"Well, that's alarming." I said.

"Okay, attention, everyone." Glenn said as we all turned.

"Black Friday is the most important day of the year. And the key to getting through it is to stay calm. No matter what happens, I am gonna stay Obama cool." Glenn said as Chris put his hand up.

"Okay, Chris, we all know how you feel about Obama. You can stay George W.
Bush cool." I chuckled.

"Remember how calm he was on 9/11. Well, not that this is gonna be 9/11. This is gonna be better than 9/11." I rested my head on Jonah's shoulder.

"No, why do I keep saying 9/11?" He asked.

"What's 9/11?" Garrett asked as I hid a laugh.

"You didn't hear? All right, everybody, focus up." Garrett and I fist bumped.

"Today, you need to prepare for the worst. If you find yourself in a jam, remember the word ACT: Assess, Communicate, Take Action. Assess the situation. Communicate. Take action. I don't really need to explain it. Amy?" Dina said.

"Thank you, Dina." Amy went to the front.

"All right, I want a minimum of five employees in each zone, eight in Electronics, obviously in rolling,
two-person pigeon teams." Jonah looked worried.

"All RMDs need to have the right CPOs. We'll assimilate any dead stock for TKTs at the end of the day. Got it?" Amy asked.

"Got it."

"And Quinn, no yelling at people." I saluted her.

"Jonah, can you please be in charge of tracking the UPTs and logging them in the T7?" It wasn't a real thing.

"Yes, I certainly can."

"I just made that up. You're on spills and trash, with Quinn. Cause your new, and you yell at everyone." Amy said.

"Cool." Jonah smiled at me.

"Okay, break." Amy said as everyone ran off.

I held onto Jonah's camera since he was too busy giving me a piggy back.

"Shh." He said as we made our way closer to Amy.

"Pretend we're not here." Jonah said.

"Why pretend when you two could really just not be here?" I chuckled getting off of Jonah's back.

"You know, everybody here is so jaded. This is exciting! This is fun." He said as Amy and I looked at each other.

"This is, like, the closest our country has to the running with the bulls in Pamplona." Amy groaned.

"Okay, I'll shut up, sorry."

"Wow, I just got really nauseous all of a sudden." Amy said as I gave her a look.

"Nauseated." Jonah said as I kicked him.

"I'm so sorry. That's, like, a reflex a mine. I'm working on it." He apologized.

"It's weird. I never get sick. It's like when.." Amy stopped.

"Finish this." She slapped her clipboard into my hands.

"Okay." I said as she walked away.

"Darn it. I really wanted to make out before the doors opened." He gave me a cheeky smile as I rolled my eyes.

10 minutes later most of us stood in the front, I was with Dina by the carts.

"All right, everybody, get ready."

"Store is set to open in exactly one minute. 60, 59..." Dina started counting down.

"You don't have to say all the numbers." Glenn told her.

"60, 61... yeah, that's right. I'm going up now." I laughed.

"Okay, uh, one last thought before we open that if you apply..." Glenn didn't get to finish as the glass doors broke and customers fell in.

Dina and I held onto each other as the store filled with insane customers.

"If I could just get everybody describing what Black Friday means to them, that would be gr..." Jonah was knocked down as people walked over him.

"Hey, that's a new camera!"

I waited for everyone to get deeper into the store before going over to help him up.

"Stop filming." I said as Garrett's voice filled the store.

"Attention, Cloud 9 shoppers. Apparently Black Friday has begun. From all of us here at Cloud 9, have a great Purge." I chuckled.

i know it's short and the episodes are mixed up but A UPDATE!

i think this episode will be like 1 or 2 more chapters, than we're jumping to the Tornado episode and secrets spill