Chapter 5

We stood in the back, grabbing boxes and trying to figure out how to help Mateo.

"So... that's it. Corporate's gonna find out
that my documents are fake. I'm gonna get deported." Mateo sighed.

"And Jeff is gonna get back together with his ex. Oh, congratulations, Chad. You win."

"You know what? Maybe you should try talking to Jeff." I asked.

"Maybe he could... he could, like, fudge the paperwork or something."

"Great idea. "Hey Jeff, you know how you're barely even allowed to date me Well, surprise, turns out you're also illegally employing me"." Mateo went off.

"And I'd marry you if I could. But I'm supposed to marry Bo and he already bought a tie." Cheyenne said.

"That's okay. Thanks anyway." Mateo sighed.

"You know what? Screw it. I'll do it. I'll marry you." Jonah said as Mateo gave him a look.

"Ew."

We all stood in front of the computers, looking up how to help Mateo who was squeezing my hand.

"So you're not a refugee. You're not a special agricultural worker. Any interest in
joining the military?" Jonah asked.

"Hm... I don't trust myself with a weapon. I would like killing too much." Mateo replied.

"Oh, or you could just get beat up." I looked onto the screen.

"Person may be eligible for a special U.N. visa if they are a victim of a violent crime, such as an assault." I read aloud.

"That's crazy. I can't believe that's real."

"So I would just need to get punched." Mateo replied.

"No, it seems like you'd have to get your ass beat pretty bad."

"Or, if you don't wanna get your ass beat, I'm still willing to marry you." Jonah said.

"Oh, thank you, Jonah. When you put it like that... the ass beating doesn't sound so bad." Mateo let go of my hand before walking away.

"I'll marry you." I said as Jonah smiled at me.

"Instead of the movie wanna go to Vegas?"

"Uh, first of all, I'm 18, can't get in anywhere. And I was talking to Mateo." I said before running off to find the man.

I was eating lunch with the others, as Garrett and Dina making us help them with what to put in the forth colom.

"What about "Sexual Co-workers"?"

"Awful."

"Just say you don't care."

- What about "Friends with..." Sandra was cut off by Dina.

"Say "Friends with Benefits" one more time and see what happens."

"I was gonna say "Friends with" something else." She replied.

"Really?" Dina asked.

"Mm-hmm."

"What were you gonna say?"

"Benefits." Sandra looked down.

"Yeah. Pathetic." Dina said.

"My friends and I would say that you guys are just chilling." Cheyenne said.

"Wait, full-on sex is now considered just chilling?" Jonah asked.

"Uh-huh, and mouth stuff is hanging out."

"And hand stuff is pretty much, I like you but just as a friend." I said agreeing with Cheyenne.

"Hm."

"Wow, times have changed."

I smiled at Uncle Dave as I walked into his office, he smiled at me as I sat down.

"Quinn, sweetheart good to see you."

"It's good to see you too." I smiled.

"So what do you need?" I shift in my seat.

"As you know, I look at Cloud 9 and my coworker, my friend Mateo, is dating one of the District Managers, and they're making him transfer but they need to see his Social security card but.."

"He doesn't have one?" I nodded.

"Quinn are you asking me to change a rule?"

"Yeah... but you don't have too if you'll lose your job." I said.

"Quinn... do you enjoy working together?" I nodded.

"Yes, they're so nice and I love hangout with my dad's side of the family." I said.

Dave nodded before picking up his phone.

"Just give me a few minutes."

As Dave was on the phone, I text Jonah telling him to keep Mateo occupied for a while.

Isabella ❤; make sure mateo doesn't leave, i have a plan

Jonah💛; on it, just don't do anything illegal

I rolled my eyes as Dave put down the phone.

"They didn't agree did they?" I asked.

"They did, actually. As long as Mateo and Jeff don't do any pda in or around store property, they can both stay." I smiled widely.

"Do you know you're the best Uncle ever?" I asked.

"I know, now go and tell your parents to call me." I nodded getting up.

"I will, thank you so much Dave!" I said before running out.

I quickly made it back to the store, just in time to cause Mateo was talking to Jeff.

"I can't transfer."

"What? Why?"

"Stop." I said resting my hands on my knees.

"No one's transferring, as long as you don't show pda in or around the store, you can still date and both stay here." I said.

"You did that for me?" I nodded.

"Yeah, so let's get back to work." I said breathing hard.

We made our way inside, Cheyenne stood at the doors.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"I talked to my Uncle, he talked to corporate and here, we are now." I said as we walked.

Just then Jonah came over, punching him in the face.

"Ha. I did it!"

"Jonah!"