The Drill and The Tension

we've been walking now for about an hour or so and i've been completely avoiding sokka. he's tried to walk by me and talk to me but i ignored him.

i noticed aang and momo flying our way

"hey katara isn't that aang?"
"it is!"

aang landed in front of use and momo perched himself on aang's shoulder

"aang, what are you doing here? i thought you were looking for appa?"
"i was, but something stopped me. something big."

at the base of the wall, toph and aang use earth bending to transport us up the wall. i used aang's staff to keep myself

"now what's so big that appa has to wait?"
"that."

as we reached the top of the wall we saw what aang was talking about.

a large drill.

"we made it to ba sing se and we're still not safe. no one is!"

an earth bender guard came over

"what are people doing here? civilians aren't allowed on the wall!"
"i'm the avatar. take me to whoever is in charge."
"it is an honor to welcome you to the outer wall, your avatar."

this is their general?

"not needed?"
"not needed. i have the situation under control. i assure you the fire nation cannot penetrate this wall. many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded."
"what about the dragon of the west? he got in"

i looked over the wall and watched the soldiers. all though they seem very strong and capable of doing other jobs, i don't think they're right for this job.

"well...uh, technically yes, but he was quickly expunged. [confidently.] nevertheless, that is why the city is named ba sing se. it's the "impenetrable city". they don't call it na sing se. that means "penetrable city."

"yeah thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem." toph said
"not for long. to stop it, i've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the terra team."
"oh yea i've heard of them, i had a lesson on them in combat class." i said

"that's a good group name. very catchy."

i looked over the railing completely ignoring sokka and watched the terra team.

the team managed to overthrow a tank and got closer to the drill. the earth benders wedge large earth spikes into the drill but the wedges crumbled to pieces.

they managed to form shields against an attack by someone with daggers.

someone with daggers? oh i want to fight this person.

the two people slid down the drill and one lands gracefully. and then one by one the soldiers started to drop.

"we're doomed!" screamed the general

i looked over and then sokka slapped the general across the face.

"get a hold of yourself man!"

stealing my moves? hmmm

"you're right i'm sorry."
"hey strange idea, how bout the avatar helps you?" i said
"yes. please."

the rest of the group joined me at the edge of the wall

"the questions is, how are we going to stop that thing?"

we all looked at sokka, even me

"why are you all looking at me?" he said
"you're the idea guy" aang said