Back in the City

As we got on the train, katara and aang sat down on one side and toph and sokka sat on the other.

sokka motioned for me to sit next to him and i almost did but i sat on the other side of aang.

he looked at me disappointed but i just turned and looked out the window.

"hey y/n?" aang asked
"hm?"
"what's going on? you seem sad"
"um it's nothing."
"oh okay"

"look! the inner wall!" katara said excitedly, "i can't believe we finally made it to ba sing se in one piece."
"hey, don't jinx it! we can still be attacked by some giant exploding fire nation spoon. or find out the city's been submerged in an ocean full of killer shrimp!" sokka said skeptically
"always the optimist." i said sarcastically
"i'm just saying weird stuff always happens to us."

a man who was sucking a corn. he took a seat between toph and sokka which started them.

"aang?" i said
"yea?"
"we'll find appa, don't worry."
"it's just such a big city."

interrupting our conversation sokka said, "he's a giant bison! where could someone possibly hide him?"

the train then entered the inner wall and we had a huge view of the city.

"oh." said sokka

i looked at aang and he was even more worried. all i could do was give him a sympathetic smile.

toph sighed, "back in the city. great."
"what's the problem? it's amazing!"
"it's just a bunch of walls and rules. you wait, you'll get sick of it in a couple days."

"she's right. they never leave you alone." i said tightening the strap on my thigh shealth that held my knife.
———
we got off the train and on the other side of the tracks stood a creepy woman with the largest smile on her face.

she came over. i'm assuming this is the one who's going to be our watch person.

"hello, my name is joo dee! i have been given the great honor of showing the avatar around ba sing se. and you must be sokka, katara, y/n, and toph! welcome to our wonderful city. shall we get started?"

"yes. we have information about the fire nation army that we need to deliver to the earth king, immediately." said sokka
"great! let's begin our tour. and then i'll show you to your new home here. i think you'll like it."

i'm getting a very creepy vibe from her.

"ugh! maybe you missed what i said. we need to talk to the king about the war, it's important."
"you're in ba sing se now. everyone is safe here."

the whole group got a confused look on our face.

do they not know about the war?
———
we're all in a carriage starting our tour.

i remember having to ride in a carriage and having to sit so properly.

out of habit i was sitting up with my calves crossed and my hands were in my lap.

"this is the lower ring." joo dee said
"what's the wall for?"
"oh ba sing se has many walls! there are the ones outside protecting us, and the ones inside, that help maintain order. this where our newest arrivals live, as well as our craftsman and artisans, people that work with their hands. it's so quaint and lively!"

i looked out the window and let me just say it was quite the opposite.

two men were conversing in an alley and one of them was holding a large poorly made sword that glistened in the light. both of the men glared at us as we passed by and i don't blame them.