The Chase prt.1

After flying for a while we found a nice site to unpack and sleep for the night. i was helping katara unpack the saddle. aang was helping sokka and toph was standing near appa.

"hey! you guys picked a great campsite!"

i looked over at toph and she was standing in a pile of appa's fur.

"the grass is so soft."
"ahah toph that's not grass." i said laughing
"appa's shedding." finished sokka
"oh gross!" said katara

i looked up at aang who was sitting on appa with a bluebird perched on his head and a yellow butterfly fluttered past. mono jumped at the butterfly in attempt to catch it but he failed.

"that's not gross, it's apart of spring! you know rebirth, flowers blooming and appa gets a new coat."
"ah the beauty of spring!" katara said sarcastically

appa then sneeezed releasing a ton of fur off him.

sokka was bent over with his back to katara and i, "it's not that bad, katara."

he turned around and had a wig made out of fur

"it makes a great wig!"

then aang turned around with a beard

"and a great beard!"

aang and sokka laughed so hard and i ran over towards them and grabbed some fur too trying to think of what i could do.

"i'm just glad we finally have two other girls in the group, because you two are disgusting!"

toph tapped my should and then licked my eyebrows and stuck some of appa's fur on them.

i put my arm on toph's shoulder and we walked up behind the boys.

"excuse me, does anyone have a razor? because i have some hairy pits!"
"and my eyebrows are out of control!"

the four of us started laughing and then aang sneezed sending him flying backward and into appa's leg. this made us laugh even more and even katara joined in.
———
we started setting up camp. aang was putting up a tent and sokka tossed down a pile of wood he collected. i was getting out the blankets and katara was stirring some water in a pot.

i saw katara look up towards toph who was sitting against a rock chewing on wheat and then katara approached her.

i stopped what i was doing and listened in.

"so toph, usually when setting up camp, we try to divide up the work."
"hey don't worry about me. i good to go."
"well, actually what i'm trying to say is, some of us might fetch water, while someone else might set up the fire pit, or put up the tent."

momo flew over to her with berries he collected and put them into her hands.

"even momo does his fair share."
"katara, i'm fine. i can carry my own weight. i don't need a fire, i've already collected my own food and look.."

she earth bended a rock tent over her

"...my tent's all set up."
"well that's great for you, but we still need to finish-
"i don't understand what's the problem here!"
"never mind."

toph earth bended her tent close

"katara just leave her alone, that's what i do."

i shrugged my shoulders and handed sokka some blankets

she just gave me an angry look and i turned back to sokka
———
i was sitting by the fire and i looked over at aang and sokka. aang was standing on top of appa and aang used his air bending to lift the saddle. he mistakenly caused it to land on sokka

i laughed
"sorry." said aang as he landed next to sokka to help him.

katara set down a jug of water and she looked over at toph, who sitting under her rock tent. katara's expression changed from a full expression to one with slight happiness.

she approached toph who was eating.

katara rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly and said, "hey toph, i wanted to apologize for earlier. i think we're all just a little tired and getting on each other's nerves."
"yeah you do seem pretty tired."
"i meant all of us."

as she said that i yawned.

toph tossed her food onto the ground and laid her head in the ground.

"well good night."
"good night." katara said annoyed
"night toph!" i said as i got in my sleeping bag.
———
i was in a nice deep sleep when toph yelled
"there's something coming toward us!"
"what is it" aang said

toph pressed her hand to the ground

"it feels like like an avalanche, but also not and avalanche."
"your powers of perception are frightening." sokka said
"ugh toph if you woke me up for nothing i'm going to take you back to mom and dad."
"should we leave?"
"better safe than sorry."
———
we were now in the sky and i was leaning over the saddle. i saw the thing that toph was worried about.

"what is that thing?"

aang yawned and we all had dark circles forming under our eyes. sokka had his head in his hand. toph and katara were just sitting on the saddle idly.

appa then landed on a smooth surface on a mountain.

"ah land sweet land!" toph said cheerfully
"see you in the morning!"
"can you help us unload."

i didn't listen to them and just grabbed my sleeping bag and went straight to sleep. well i tried to go to sleep, toph and katara were yelling at each other.

"ever since you joined us, you've been nothing but selfish and unhelpful!"
"what? look here, sugar queen, i gave up everything i had so that i could teach aang earthbending. so don't you talk to me about being selfish!"

toph sat down and earth bended a tent around herself

"sugar queen?!"

toph then closed up her "tent"

"d-did you just slam the door in my face?! how can you be so infuriating?!"

by now i was sitting up completely exhausted

"should we do something?" asked aang
"hey, i'm just enjoying the show."
"i hope they shut up soon i want sleep!" i said

aang started approaching katara

"okay, okay, you both need to calm down."
"both?! IM COMPLETELY CALM!!"
"i...can see that."

aang the. quickly ran back to sokka and i.
———
i was finally asleep next to sokka and aang. katara was on the other side of sokka, and then katara decided to mock my sister again.

"the stars sure are beautiful tonight. too bad you can see them, toph!"
"that's it.." i started saying getting out of my sleeping bag but then toph earth bended katara on top of sokka

sokka was also annoyed as he pushed his sister off him

"hey, how's a guy supposed to sleep with all this yelling and earthquaking"
"you get used to it" i said

toph opened her tent
"that thing is back!"
"well how far away is it? maybe we can close our eyes just for a few minutes?"
"sleep yes! i agree!" i said hiding in my sleeping bag
"i don't this so"
———
this episode is long and detailed so it's a two parter sorryyy

lmk what you think!