state of mind

a/n: PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT READ THE PREQUEL "when the sun dies-d.m". it will make zero sense if you don't. enjoy!

.

DRACO MALFOY WANTED to live like Ophelia lived. Six months had gone by since Ophelia Du Pont's death, and he couldn't help but ponder that the misery he was facing was perhaps a nightmare his subconcious seemed to pull him into. Those six months, those one hundred and eighty days, felt like the light that once illuminated his bulb, seemed to flicker away, and then eventually disappear for eternity. He waited for a long time for the light to come back, to reappear and tell him that he is okay, all he wanted to see, to feel, was light.

He wanted to admire every little thing in the world, getting on the Hogwarts Express, or even packing his clothes; who knew when he would do it again? But he enjoyed the little things everyone considered 'normal', society altered the meaning of life. Though it varied for each person, maybe everyone would be happier if they enjoyed time, rather than wasting it.

But time took its turn, and ruined Draco Malfoy.

He didn't tell Ophelia Du Pont one thing. He never regretted the decision, but now he wished she was here to help him. What would she say? He didn't know. He had known her for such a short of time, but quality of time mattered more than quantity, yet he felt utterly hopeless when he couldn't think of a solution she would agree with. He read her diary, over and over, examining each word, hoping to find clues. Maybe parts of her soul were buried deep within the thin pieces of parchment , he could feel her calm presence around himself when he held the diary. He could feel her arms slowly wrapping him into a warm embrace as happiness and tranquility hovered over his thin figure. 

He missed her. More than anyone could imagine.

He just wished she was here to to help him. 

But one page laid in the very back of the book, only one pair of eyes seemed to have glanced upon it before it glued shut. Perhaps it was glued shut on purpose, maybe those who were worthy enough would find the very last page of Ophelia Du Pont's diary.

Was Draco worthy enough?

Maybe he didn't need her voice.

Maybe he needed her words. Just once more. Just one more time.

.

vote and comment !