her eyes

OPHELIA WAS WATCHING him, he was crying over her diary. She couldn't cry, she didn't know how, no matter how hard she wanted to grief, or even scream, she couldn't. She watched him clutch the diary tightly, wiping his tears using the trousers that covered his knees. She wanted to touch him, hug him, hold him, but instead, she sat there on the clouds watching him from the glass windows of the Slytherin boys dormitory. His curtains that were attatched to his bed were closed, the only thing she was able to look through was the small peak that was open.

She watched him for a very long time. Where she was, nightfall never took place, so she couldn't tell when Draco Malfoy had gone to bed, so she stayed there until the other Slytherins came by, until candles lit the place she once called home, until Draco Malfoy had fallen asleep. She couldn't hear anything, yet she could sense soft, warm breaths coming her way, and she could smell a faint scent of citrus and mint she was so familiar with. It reminded her of their trip to France, the memory was an old one, but it was fresher than ever. 

She asked the voice why she could not see night.

"Draco is the moon. You will not see the dark or the stars until Draco is the moon."

But Draco was the moon, she was positive he already was. The way he cried at the letter, the way he looked at her worse as if they were riches, she knew he was he moon, and she knew she was the sun. Had he skipped over her words? The voice didn't answer, it was gone, she was heavily frantic; she needed  her answers and was eager to know why Draco was not the moon. Was it because he wasn't dead yet? How longer would she have to experience the suns rays along with the warmth? She loved it, but the cold, dark, starry nights reminded her of him. And she wanted him.

Maybe Draco didn't realize he was the moon. Maybe he told himself, but maybe he was too afraid to accept the fact that he was the moon. She cradled herself back and forth until the clouds had hovered over her, creating a blanket to welcome her to sleep. But she didn't want to sleep, she wanted to keep watching, but the voice had declined her offer.

Yet, she was happy to see him. She once again could not feel it, but truly she was ecstatic. She wanted to cry, laugh, yell in the spite of hapiness but all she could do was stare. Her eyes were the only thing that had the ability to show emotion, they glimmered against the sun and her pupils would dialate when she saw him today. If anything, Draco Malfoy fell in love with her eyes. 

And she knew that his grey ones were full of bravery and hope, that he would be able to fight down his fears. Because fear was not only Draco's worst enemy, but Ophelia's as well.

After all, it was why Ophelia could not experience nightfall or see the stars, and it was also why Draco could not find warmth in the bright sunlight.

.

umumm the next chapter idk if i should write the battle scene or if i should write after the battle scene. i hate writing battle scenes but if you guys want it, sure. help pls?? 

also pls vote and comment!