their universe

DRACO MALFOY WAS running in the rain as it poured down on his work attire, he had forgotten to bring an umbrella. He continued to run as the cars honked down the street, the walking signal counting it's final seconds down before the moving veichles would take over. He had made it in the last few seconds, and huffed, smiling a little at his success.

It was his twenty fourth birthday. Twenty four years. It may have seemed so long to one, but to him it felt like twelve. He smiled a little, as water dripped down his jawline, creating his own flood of tears. Continuing to run, he had finally stood under a tree, waiting for the heavy rainfall to calm down. It had been raining endlessly for days, and he was ashamed of himself for not being more prepared, yet he didn't focus on it too much, one little mistake didn't ruin his life. In fact, he admired the rain, though it sometimes extended for long periods of time in England, he saw the rain as an expression of missing someone or being missed. He would run in it if he could, but his electronic devices said otherwise.

Once the rain had decided to form into a drizzle, he had stepped out. Crowds sighed as people came out from nearby stores, glad that the rain had finally decided to come to a half-stop. Draco went to cross the street until he felt something small bump his leg.

"Wow!" Someone yelled behind him, a small child, he was pointing up at the sky, the grey clouds were parting as the blue sky took over. "I haven't seen the sun in so long mister!"

Draco followed his eyes, he was right. The sun was out, brighter than ever, he squinted at the light as everyone else looked up and cheered. No one had felt such warmth in so long. The sky reminded him of eyes. How the grey would disappear and welcome a warm blue.

His heart seemed to bloom. Immediately, water was evaporating from his soaked clothes, his hair turned dry as he watched the clouds disappear, welcoming the visible rays. When he looked around, everyone else was still heavily soaked by the rain water.

He felt warm.

"Wow mister. I swear you were soaked minutes ago." The boy looked at Draco up and down before running to his mother who was scolding him for talking to strangers.

But Draco Malfoy wasn't listening. He looked up and smiled, small tears escaping his eyes.

"You came."  He smiled. "You really came."

end

.

vote and comment!!

a/n: thats the ending, ngl, im shedding some tears, this is prob my fav semi-duology i have ever written, thank you guys so much i love reading yalls comments. ik yall wanted ophelia to come back to life but i wanted to make this semi-realistic in a way you guys can relate to. deceased people cannot come back into our life, however, like sirius said, they're always in our hearts. at the end of the day, their words and their relationship with you is the one that sticks around, even if they aren't physically there. 

 thank you for reading <3