his letter

a/n: you know what, heres the last two chapters. i love you guys, i was having a bad night yesterday but you guys r so sweet so let me spoil u guys some more :) 

.

THE VOICE ECHOED in her ears, she held the letter tightly in her hands as if it would blow away. Somehow, the letter was in her hands. Immediately, she could feel his presence around her, as if he had never left, or as if she had never died. She felt safe, she felt like she was at home, but most importantly she possessed his words, something she thought she could never have. The voice near her quieted down as she unfolded the thin piece of parchment that now revealed wrinkled spots where tears once fell, as well as bent corners as if someone was constantly pinching it over and over. But to her, it seemed good as new, as if her memories had renewed themselves, she wanted to feel emotion, but the voice said she couldn't. Why? Why couldn't she cry? Wasn't grief the price to pay for love? Nonetheless, she no longer asked herself nor the unidentified voice, instead she opened the letter, a cold breeze had rushed over her has she began to read his words.

(letter eleven from "when the sun dies")

Dear Ophelia,

It's been a week. A long one.

I kept your diary.

In fact I'm writing a letter to you right now. Isn't that weird? I know you would be surprised but too cocky to prove so.

But you're right. I am the moon.

You needed someone to lean on. You needed me. What once was dark, grey and cold, is now warm, and lit up, helping the night sky as well. You might think you haven't helped me at all—but you taught me more than I know. Every moment with you, I felt as if I was slowly falling into your arms; slowly falling into love.

I knew you felt the same way. But you didn't want me to become attached when you were gone. I hate that we couldn't be something more.

I also needed you. You taught me that life is better when you live it to the fullest, when you stop worrying about so many things and do what your heart tells you to do. Life isn't about our professions or our purpose, it's about the relationships we make, the choices we decide to fulfill, and what we mean to each other.

I never thought your analogies were silly. I didn't want to seem like I liked them. But now, I just want to tell you how much of a beautiful soul you are. How much fun I had with you, even if I didn't show it.

And I'm so glad, I helped you too. Even if it was temporary, I feel as if I have done something impactful for once.

You told me once you die, you wanted to be the star, the brightest one. But to me, you're still my sun, you are brighter than all the stars, you're giving, and much more. After all, the sun is also a star.

When the sun dies, the moon shines.

But truth is, you never died.

You're right here. In my heart. The moon can't shine without your rays.

So every sunset or sunrise there is, I'll be looking for you. And for the sake of our universe, be there for me too, alright?

I love you.

Love, Draco Malfoy

Then a miracle had happened.

She cried.

Tears streamed down her face as she yelled loudly. His letter was covered in tears but the words had not smudged nor had they faded. She held the letter to her chest, looking up to the sun and continued to cry happily. Immediately she felt cold breezes intertwine with the warm ones in her atmosphere and she felt herself become light. She cried and cried over and over, and didn't realize that she had the ability to laugh, cry, but mostly just express her feelings. He had loved her, now she knew and now he knew. 

"Draco..." She sobbed. "I love you too. I'm so glad you made it." 

The voice circled around her. Over and over. The voice that said "help him"  to her mutiple times. The voice that allowed her to examine Draco and look at him for such limited amounts of time. The voice that had woken her subconcious, the voice that helped her open up the diary. The voice that helped her help him.

The voice was Draco. It was near her ear, one last time it whispered;

"I won the fight Ophelia. I won. Thank you for helping me."

All this time, Draco was here with her. 

For him, she was here with her words.

And for her, he was here with his voice.

That same night, another miracle happened.

Not only did nightfall and the stars take over.

But the moon did too. 

And it shined. 

Draco won the battle, he had killed his own fears.

.

one more chapter. get ready, its super short but i lowk cried during it. vote and comment!!!