guilt & regret

House: Doesn't Matter
Bloodline: Doesnt Matter
Year: Half Blood Prince
WARNING ⚠️: slight mentions of torture & blood and a whole lot of angst, feel free to click off if this triggers you
———————————————
Y/N Y/L/N and Draco Malfoy had been dating since their third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which was three years prior to this occasion.

Y/N knew that dating Malfoy wouldn't be like any typical relationship, for she knew Draco came from a very demanding, dark family who would stop at nothing to get closer to the dark lord.

Despite this, Y/N loved Draco, and Draco loved her too. They did everything together, from dancing in the rain to spending breaks at each other's houses. They were at their happiest when they were together. Their relationship was an escape for Draco

Being part of the Malfoy family, Draco was bound to become just as dark as his father Lucius. His father had always been controlling and demanding, causing Draco to feel uncomfortable and uneasy while at his house, The Malfoy Manor. Draco knew he could never disappoint his father.
His mother on the other hand, Narcissa, was the opposite. She cared for Draco like a mother should. She knew Draco was put under an immense amount of pressure from his father and that she hated. She wanted what was best for her only child, but the matter was out of her hands..
——————————
Entering their sixth year, Draco and Y/N's relationship had taken a turn for the worse. Whenever Y/N would try to make slight conversation with her boyfriend, it was as if his mind was somewhere else. He so desperately wanted to take Y/N into his arms and kiss her face all over...though he knew it would be far too dangerous.

For over the summer, Draco had been set a task from the Dark Lord himself. Of course he didn't want to accept, but Lucius being Lucius, he had no choice.
Draco was ordered to push everyone he cared for away, and focus on his task. He knew this would be difficult because he could hardly bare an hour without speaking to Y/N. But he had no choice. Once the task was done, he would be able to spend as much time with Y/N as he wanted, they could do all the things they used to do...things would go back to normal again. Or so he hoped
——————————
For the first few weeks of term, Y/N accepted that Draco might just be tired from the vast workload they were receiving. But as the weeks turned into months she got tired of being pushed away by the love of her life and decided to take the matters into her own hands.

"Draco please! Just talk to me! Whatever is happening inside your head we can talk this out...I want to help you...please....This isn't the Draco i know and love at all" Y/N pleaded as she followed Draco through a dimly light corridor hours after curfew.
Draco tried not to look at her....he could tell by the slight cracks in her voice that she was hurting. And it was all his fault.
The blonde boy could no longer bare seeing the girl he loved in this state and so he turned around to face her

"I'm sorry....I really am. I have no reason for acting like this....I promise you. From now on my full attention will be on you...I love you sweetheart"

Draco pulled Y/N close and they both shared a passionate kiss in the corridor.

Draco had been sent letters from his father warning him to stay on task, the silver eyed boy replying with lies. Of course he wasn't going to tell his father that he would rather spend his time with the girl he loved dearly. He knew that would worsen the situation more.

Over the coming months, Draco had completely ignored his task. Draco knew that this was not a very good idea but he would sacrifice anything just to make Y/N happy. She was the most important thing in his life and he was not going to let her go because of some silly task he didn't care about. Draco was definitely pushing the limits when he started to ignore the threatening letters his father was sending him. But he couldn't care less, instead he sat in his dormitory with Y/N sleeping peacefully in his arms. He felt content like this. Just how we wanted to stay forever.
—————————-
One night, Y/N had been totally brainwashed by the amount of homework she had been completing. She placed her textbooks down onto the wooden floor of her dormitory and slipped her trainers and a hoodie over the causal clothes she was already wearing.