what are you looking at?

"what are you looking at?"

That was a question you were asked oh so frequently. It must be annoying to your friends and boyfriend how often you drifted off into your own little world, but you couldn't help it. There was so much you couldn't have in this world, so why not escape to another one every once in a while?

You knew it was probably selfish. In this world, you had a perfect boyfriend, Draco, you had a fair amount of friends and you went to Hogwarts- the best magical school in all the land.
But in your mind, you could create any world you wanted. Make it perfect for you. There'd be no disappointments in life, no worries and no stress.

Sounds silly, but you being the ambitious Slytherin you are, have made a list of all the things you wanted in this world.

1. Be as pretty as those girls you see in the corridors

And sadly...that's where your list ended because that's all your heart desired.

They were everything you wanted to be. Beautiful. They had gorgeous hair, clear skin, beautiful bodies...Gosh they were even the perfect height. Oh and their laughs sounded so angelic! Oh and don't forget their lips, those soft..plump lips I'm sure any boy would want to kiss. Those lashes! Those brows! Gosh...they were real life disney princesses! If only you could be like them...be so stunning you wouldn't no how to act. But no, you're just plain old Y/N Y/L and the only personality trait you have is obsessing over your boyfriend Draco Malfoy. How embarrassing? Them girls are funny and smart and bubbly...

But I promise, you're no fan girl or whatever

///

You were sat in the courtyard with your boyfriend on a Sunday morning. He was sat opposite you, a blanket draping over his knees and a textbook in his pale hands. He was wearing that green knitted sweater your mother had made him since it was practically freezing...Gosh he looked charming..

Whilst Draco was busy scanning the pages of his thick textbook, you were sat hugging your knees to your chest, the wind blowing your hair behind your back.

You liked mornings like these with Draco. The two of you not even talking but enjoying each other's presence. You liked being this comfortable with him that you could sit in silence and still be so deeply in love with each other. He was so perfect for you...but were you perfect for him?

No, those girls who just walked into the courtyards were perfect for him. Luckily Draco was too consumed in his book he hadn't noticed them, but of course you did.

Despite it being extremely cold outside, the girls you idolised were wearing strappy cropped tops and short shorts.
Well..if that's what made them so attractive you may as well try it too...remember..anything to be like them..

You quickly took your sweatshirt off, leaving you in a tank top and joggers.

Draco's head whipped up as soon as you did this action as if you had just committed a crime

"Darling what are you doing you must be freezing?" he asked, worry laced in his voice.  His moved to sit next to you when you didn't give him a reply
"What are you looking at?" his eyes quickly followed yours in search for an answer to his question,  to the girls his girlfriend would kill to be.

He tapped your shoulder gently, and your attention turned to him "sorry baby...what did you say?" you asked him softly

"Darling you must be freezing..." he picked up the warm sweater you once had on and offered it to you "I'm not letting you get sick my love, put it on"

"You don't like me wearing a crop top? You're embarrassed of my body?" Your mind quickly jumped to conclusions, your face contorting into an upset expression 

"What? Y/N no I jus-"

"You don't want to be seen with someone like me huh? Y-You wanna hide me away-"

"SHUT UP" he bursted, his anger overflowing making you shut up and look away, this time to the grass you were sat on "Darling" he sighed "You're being ridiculous..."

You picked at the grass by your feet and sniffled. "Y/N I know what you're thinking...how beautiful them girls are but honestly...you...are the most beautiful girl in the world...i love everything about you..every single little thing...Your hair...your eyes, your body, your height, your smile....but baby you've got to understand i'd love you no matter what you looked like. You've got me wrapped around your little finger and i hate to admit it but it's true. I love you for you...You don't have to be like them...because Y/N you're the most stunning soul on earth...and i'd be stupid to think that you're not..and so would you" his hand made it's way to yours, making sure you were listening "Oh and by the way, those girls over there have about as many brain cells as Saint Potter, their looks are all they have to offer, quite pathetic if you ask me babe" At that, you let a soft chuckle and averted your gaze to his soft blue orbs

He gently pulled the sweater back over your head and pulled you into his strong arms, kissing your forehead

"Dray I'm sorry...I love you" you mumbled

"Don't apologise baby...I love you too"

The morning then consisted of the pair of you cuddling, you now feeling content that you were indeed just as beautiful as those girls, and you had no reason to change for Draco. He loved you with his whole heart...that was now 100% clear to you. Draco made you believe you were enough and you'd be forever grateful for that.

Ever since that day, you no longer had to escape to another world to have everything you want. You've got it right here...your list was now fulfilled..

///
🌿
Just a reminder, YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE FOR ANYONE, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND WORTHY NO MATTER WHAT AND I LOVE U BITCH!
anyways i hope u enjoyed and also thank u for 5k, we're on the road to my goal of 10k🥺