tradition (part two)

"A real man has nothing to hide, he will tell you the truth about whatever you want to know. That's the sign of a man who wants to grow with you"
You were perched on a bench in the courtyard in the December frost, the letter your mother had written you placed in your almost-frozen hands.

The quote your mother had so beautifully written was repeating in your mind. Maybe she was right. Surely if I ask Draco anything he'll tell me the truth. Or maybe it's just a little bump in the road and it'll sort itself out.

Your suspicions about Draco sneaking off with Astoria Greengrass every so often had not disappeared. Draco was hardly ever with you, but when he was, he was extremely over complimentary to the point where the only conversations you had consisted on how nice you looked.

Needless to say, you were getting sick of it.

And now here you were waiting for your boyfriend after quidditch practice. Like you always did. Unsurprisingly, he was late.

But you weren't stupid. You most definitely saw him and an all too familiar brunette tip toe their way through the corridor right behind you.

That was it. If he was going to ignore you, he was going to have to pay the price. Right?

You stood up and marched your way over to them, absolutely making yourself present. Your jaw was clenched and your fists right in a ball, your Y/E/C orbs were cold- something Draco only saw in his worst nightmares.

"Forget about me did you?" you asked while crossing your arms over your chest

Draco sighed and looked down "Y/N i'm sorry I totally forgot..."

"And she's more important I suppose?" you say giving Astoria a nasty glare

"No Y/N she's just a friend, I don't know what you're talking about"

Everything he was saying became a blur when you noticed the deep, purple hickey placed on the left side of his neck. It was clearly a fresh one. He must've realised your gaze was now settled on it and placed his hand over it. You looked up at him, anger was prominent on your face

"Wow...How long has this been going on then?" you said trying your best to keep your cool, calm composure.

"A few months" Draco mumbled, as if he was too embarrassed to say it aloud

Your heart was crushed. Destroyed. Demolished. You felt as though the past 8 months of your life had all gone to waste. The person you thought you loved and whom you thought loved you, was a liar, a cheat, everything you hated most in a man. And here you were, paying the price

You nodded slightly

"Well..maybe you and Draco could stay friends?" Astoria chirped up

That's when you lost it.
"How dare you?! How dare you suggest we stay friends! YOU are the reason I've lost everything! And now you try to help me?! Fuck knows why he'd want you, you dirty slag" you bellowed at her

"Y/N...look i'm sorry okay? I just...you got boring ..She gave me what I wanted-"

"oh what's that? sex I suppose??" I doubt you've ever had an actual conversation" you scoffed. He knew you were right

"You know..I'm glad this has happened...Why would I want to date someone like you?? Someone I was warned about and someone who betrayed my trust? Go have fun with your new little toy and don't come running back when you get bored" you sassed before turning around and walking away, a huge smirk concealing the hurt you were feeling.

You made your way to your all to quiet dorm room and perched yourself at your desk.

Now you knew how your mother had felt all these years ago, and probably was still feeling now. The love of her life, gone, in such a heart breaking way. You should've listened to her. Been more questioning about Draco and not jumped to conclusions. You were too sucked up with the idea of a perfect love story, one you'd never read as a child. You wanted to be loved and you wanted to love. But all you had done, was carry on the family tradition.

————————
omg this is unbelievably bad. Should I do a part three and try to save it??? Let me knowwww!

I love u have a great day/night 🖤