𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

"But seriously though, you need to climb out the window." Phoenix says.

"Ugh but why!" Draco whines, dragging out the 'y'.

"Do you really want my mother to see you; a teenage boy, coming out of my bedroom?" Phoenix asks him.

"That depends, is she hot?" Draco smirks.

"Ew Malfoy!" Phoenix gasps and punches him in the arm. "That's my mom!"

"Then you'd really call me daddy if I got with her." Draco wiggles his eyebrows, enjoying the discomfort he's causing.

"You're disgusting." Phoenix looks at him in disbelief.

"Oh please you love it, darling." Draco grins, opening the window.

"You must really have daddy issues if you think what I feel for you is love." Phoenix looks at him in disgust.

Draco rolls his eyes and climbs out of the window (finally). Phoenix huffs and turns to look in the mirror, seeing her reflection staring back at her. She couldn't help but stand there for a moment, wondering how the hell this happened to her. She was just a normal girl, with a somewhat abnormal obsession with fictional characters. And now, she was waking up next to one in real life! Phoenix takes a deep breath. "This is fine." She told herself, "Everything will work out fine. He's just a wizard who happens to be a pain in the ass." She tries to calm herself down.

"Ugh why couldn't I have woken up next to Charlie?"

Phoenix finally turns away from the mirror, and leaves her room. She makes her way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she sees her mom getting ready to leave for work.

"Hey Mom." Phoenix says in a hurry.

"Hey honey." She says, giving her daughter a small smile. "Do you want breakfast?"

"No thanks. I have to go." Phoenix says, grabbing a small pack of Goldfish.

"But it's only 6:30? You don't have to be at school until 8:30." Phoenix's mom says.

"Oh yeah well..." Phoenix trails off, trying to think of an excuse, "I was gonna stop and eat with some friends before school starts." She lied.

"Oh okay dear. Drive safely, though. First day of school traffic is hectic." Her mom warns.

"I will, Mom. Love you!" Phoenix says, trying to make it seems like she's not being suspicious.

Phoenix finally makes it outside, sighing with relief. She starts walking to her car, but stops when she sees something blocking her way on the ground.

"Malfoy?" Phoenix looks down at him, "Why are you laying on the ground?"

Draco opens his eyes, and sees the small brunette girl staring down at him curiously.

"Well you see um... funny story actually." Draco sits up, "So I was climbing out of the window, right? And I saw that I was quite far from the ground, so I pulled out my wand to cast a spell to make my fall less painful and uhh..."

"It didn't work?" Phoenix said, trying to hold back laughter.

"No it didn't." Draco huffed, "I fell on the ground and decided to just lay here and wait for you because I didn't know what to do."

Phoenix chuckled, "Aww did wittle Malfoy fall down and go boom?"

"Piss off, Price." Draco rolled his eyes. "I'm fine. How are we supposed to this 'muggle school' of yours anyway?"

"I'm driving of course. We can't just apparate. Muggles remember?" Phoenix tells him.

"Driving?" Draco asks, confused.

"A car, Malfoy! Honestly did you not pay attention in Muggle Studies?!" Phoenix groans.

Draco rolls his eyes. "Whatever just help me up."

Phoenix sighs and helps up the bleach blonde boy from the ground and they walk to where her car is parked. Phoenix unlocks it and opens the door to get in the driver's seat. She looks over her shoulder to see Draco standing there looking at the car.

"Earth to Malfoy!" Phoenix yells, "Are you coming or not?"

Draco snaps out of his thoughts and walks to the passenger side of the car.

"Well?" Phoenix asks impatiently, "Get in the car." But Draco continues to stand there, almost awkwardly.

"How do I uh-" Draco scratches the back of his neck, "How do I open it?"

"This morning is gonna be longer than I thought." Phoenix thought, while letting her head fall against the steering wheel, and accidentally makes the car horn go off, making Draco yelp.