𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

"What do you mean 'we'?" Draco asks her confused.

Phoenix smirks, "I'm going back with you of course."

"Oh no you're not." Draco scoffs, "It's way too dangerous."

"Look Malfoy-"

"No!" He yells standing up, "I saw what's going to happen to me! I saw who dies, who suffers," Draco's eyes meet the floor, "I become a death eater, Phoenix."

Phoenix sighs, "Draco listen to me, okay? I know exactly what's going to happen down to the smallest detail. Dumbledore wants me to go back to Hogwarts with you so I can prevent a lot of things from happening."

"But-"

Phoenix meets his gaze and sees he's still looking down, "Draco I'm going, and I'm going to keep you safe. Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen to you."

Draco sighs in defeat, finally looking up at her, "Okay."

Phoenix smiles and starts gathering everything she needs to shift.

"Phoenix?"

"Yes Draco?" She turns to look at him.

He turns to look at her, his eyes glazed over, "Can I... try something?" He asks nervously.

"Sure what is-"

Phoenix is cut off when Draco walks over and hugs her. His arms wrap around her waist and he buries his head in her shoulder letting the tears come out. Phoenix is startled at first, but after a few seconds, she starts hugging him back. One of her hands move to his hair and she runs her fingers through it, feeling how soft it is. The two stay like that for a few minutes, until Draco breaks away wiping his tears.

"I-I'm sorry I-"

"Draco," Phoenix stops him, "Don't apologize. There's nothing to apologize for." She says, making Draco smile.

"If you wanted to touch me, all you had to do was ask." Phoenix smirks.

Draco gives her a look, almost flustered, "Hey that's my line!"

"I know, but you should see the look on your face right now!" Phoenix laughs, grabbing her lighter to light a candle.

Draco sits on her bed and sees a small stack of papers, "Price what's this?"

Phoenix looks up to see what he's talking about, and her eyes widen, "Uh y-you don't need to read that it's-"

"My name is Phoenix Price, I'm sixteen years old, my house is Ravenclaw-"

"Okay that's enough." Phoenix laughs nervously, trying to take her script away from him.

"I always perform perfectly in classes... I never get detention... No one can read my mind-"

"Malfoy that's enough!" Phoenix jumps on top of him, tackling him and he falls on the bed, but he still has her script.

"I can handle my alcohol... I don't have a gag reflex!" Draco gasps and looks at her, "Price you dirty girl!"

"Hey don't judge! I might not have shifted to get railed, but you never know when the opportunity will present itself." Phoenix says defensively, climbing off of him.

Draco laughs, "Oh yeah? Well has this opportunity ever presented itself with anyone?"

Phoenix looks down, feeling her face heat up.