𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

"Here's an empty one." Draco says, and Phoenix walks in following him. Phoenix sits down beside the window while Draco puts their trunks above them before sitting down beside her.

"You know there's a whole empty seat across from me, right?" Phoenix asks him.

"I'm aware," Draco grins, "I just love annoying you with my presence."

"Well at least you're aware." Phoenix smirks, causing Draco to roll his eyes.

Phoenix looks out of the window and notices it's moving. Her and Draco are silent for a while.

"Price?"

"Hmm?"

"...Thank you."

Phoenix looks up at him, "For what?"

Draco sighs, "I know I haven't been the nicest guy to you since we've met. It's just that being in the family I grew up in, I'm expected to be a certain way towards people who aren't like me. But I don't wanna be like me, and I hope no one else does either."

"Draco, I don't understand-"

"Everyone should be more like you." He says, "Even when I woke up in your bed, you did everything you could to make sure I wasn't alone. I never would've admitted it at the time, but I was scared. Scared of being in a place where I didn't understand anything. And I know I was probably annoying-"

"Was? That's putting it lightly." Phoenix laughs.

"Let me finish my heart filled monologue, woman!" Draco says glaring at her, but Phoenix can see him trying to hide a smile, "Anyways, you guided me through a scary moment in my life, and not only that, you showed me my future. It's because of you that I might not have to become what I fear more than anything."

"Draco," Phoenix says, grabbing his hand, "As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you."

The sudden contact makes Draco look down at their hands, but he doesn't move away.

"Thank you, Phoenix." He says tearfully, intertwining their fingers.

"No need to thank me, buddy." Phoenix says with a smirk.

"And you just ruined it." Draco groans, pulling his hand away.

"Wait ruined what?!" Phoenix asks, laughing.

"Oh nothing, Price." Draco says, laying his head down in her lap.

His movement towards her lap makes her eyes widen and look down, "Uh what are you doing?"

"I'm getting comfortable what does it look like?" Draco grins, looking up at her.

"Fine." Phoenix says rolling her eyes, making Draco grin even more. He eventually finds a comfortable position, settling his head on her lap, resting his hands on his stomach while letting his legs take up the rest of the seat.

"I hope you don't expect me to run my fingers through your hair like in those fanfiction stories." Phoenix says, looking out of the window.

Draco's eyes open, "Fanfiction? What's that?"

Phoenix looks down to meet the eyes of the blonde slytherin laying comfortably on her thighs, "Oh I've got so much to tell you!" She says excitedly.

|

"Wait wait wait hold on," Draco says, "Muggles write stories about me?!"