Bonus: Damien & Nydia

First things first, Creative Writers website is now live. You can find writing tips, book reviews, writing help, and even Wattpad specific content on the website. We also have a YouTube channel coming in the future, so keep your eyes open! Website link in bio!

Secondly, the first 10 chapters of Book 2 (Secrets of the Crown Assassins) have been published. If you're waiting for a substantial amount of chapters to read, now would be the time to start catching up!

♕ ♕ ♕

In Chapter 18 (Nydia's POV), Nydia and Damien were having a quick conversation *cough cough* with some possible flirting involved *cough cough* when they were trying to escape the diablo's animal fight rink with Indigo. Their conversation was longer when originally published, but I had to cut it down during the edits.

After requests from a few readers, I have decided to publish the extended version for all to see.

Remember, this is the raw unedited version. I apologize for any cringe (and mistakes that slipped through my brief look over as I post this)

PS: I started a bit before the conversation so that you can get your bearings

Enjoy!

♕ ♕ ♕

Indigo and I walked into the sand-filled box the currently missing diablo used and pushed a button with a down arrow. The box lurched and slowly lowered into the sandy pit below. Damien hung back, shooting down a few more guards with his machine gun before looking at his watch. His eyes widened, making him look like a cartoon before he turned and jumped directly into the pit.

"Ow!" he shouted, holding his torso where his ribs would be. "That hurt!"

Damien Kingston, everyone. The third smartest man in Concorde, second in line for the Crown, and Prince of the Intellects, has just discovered that jumping off twenty-foot walls does not end well.

Sometimes I wonder how Concorde is still running.

The box continued its descent as metal spindles sprung across the walls over our heads. It was more of a mesh than a net, with gaps so narrow that I could barely see through them.

Then a buzzing sound echoed throughout the arena and the hairs on my neck stood up straight, the edges of my hair floating up just a little. A few guards continued to rain bullets causing sparks to fly on impact. Each bullet fuzzed loudly and the smell of smoke was wafting through the air. A few lightning-blue like spires shot up and down the wires, blinking in and out of existence.

The net was electric.

The box halted at the bottom of the pit and we approached Damien, who was just getting up, sand sticking to him.

"My room's gonna be littered with sand for weeks," Damien groaned.

"You should adapt to the sandy lifestyle," I offered. "Just dump tons of sand and walk around your room like it's the beach."

Damien thought for a moment. "It's not a horrible idea. I could do that, but I would need to figure out how to not get sand on the laundry or bed..."

"We should go," Indigo interrupted.

"Go where?" I asked, looking around the pit. "We're cornered."

"No, we're not," Damien said and started walking towards the large tunnel I had come out of. "If there's a way in, there's a way out."

"The way I walked in was from a door that can't open on our side," I told him.

Damien furrowed his eyebrows. "They would've built a fail-safe. There has to be another way out."

We entered the cold, dark tunnel and bounced down the ramp.

"And if not," Indigo started, "we could just go through a vent or something."

"Speak for yourself," I snorted. "Our fat asses would never fit through a vent."

"You mean your fat ass," Damien corrected. "Mine is in very nice shape, thank you very much."

I scowled. "No, it's not."

Damien raised an eyebrow. "Have you been inspecting my ass?"

"It was kind of hard not to after you butted me in the face that one time."

"I bet you liked the experience."

"I bet you liked it better."

Indigo cleared her throat. "Um, where, uh, which way sho-"

"Are you feeling left out?" Damien asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What?! No."

"Well, you have a nice ass too, Indigo," I told her.

"I, um, thanks?"

"But mine's still better," Damien added.

"Yours is at the very bottom of the ladder," I corrected. "And mine's at the very top. Indigo's is second."

"I wouldn't say the very top," Damien said slowly. "But yours is nice, I guess."

I raised an eyebrow and he raised one back. I punched and kicked him in the guts.

"Ow! What the hell?"

"Don't tell me my ass is nice!"

"Why am I even friends with you, woman?!" he complained. "I insult you and you insult me back. I compliment you and you punch me. What am I supposed to do?"

I shrugged. "Which do you prefer: being insulted or punched?"

He thought for a moment before, with great conviction, saying, "Punched."

Indigo coughed. "Where's the exit?"

We'd been walking for some time now through the animal-filled tunnels with no clear direction. I recognized the hall to my right.

♕ ♕ ♕

And cue opened animal cages, lions with bad hair day, Axe being an idiot, snakes, and falling & trying to save friends from drowning in excrement.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed that little extended excerpt.

Also, I have an entire chapter from book 1 that I cut out, so I might post that in the near future ;)

That being said, if you want any extra content (chapters in different POVs, small trivia, harry potter houses/zodiac signs, Q&A, etc.) just let me know. I'll try to do them as long as I can do them safely without giving away spoilers for books 2 or 3.

Love you guys! Try not to die (unless it's in the comment section; I keep randomly causing multiple deaths in there)!

~Sreenija Paruchuri, Queen of Psychos & Co-Founder of Ghost Buddies Club