Chapter 43: Returning

His mother smiled at us kindly.

"How are you?" she asked by way of greeting.

I could swear I was red as a tomato, but I couldn't look bad.

"Good evening," I greeted.

"There's some meat there," Sirius commented. "Would you like me to serve you some?"

"Yes, thank you," she replied.

I wanted to ask Sirius what his mom was doing, but it will be after. Sirius caressed my cheek with the back of his hand and smiled. He wanted to reassure me, and he was succeeding.

His mother sat across from us after her son served her some food.

"Will you return to that city?" she asked casually.

"Yes, there are things to do," Sirius replied in the same way.

These pending things were not as easy as they sounded, but knowing how angry those of the evolved people's protective society were, this could be a little easier. Only the matter of Orion remained.

"Orion made us believe that he had killed you," commented the lady suddenly, putting down the wooden fork for a moment. "When he announced it, I..." She thought for a second before continuing. "I attacked him; I scratched his face."

"Mother." Sirius was dumbfounded, and so was I.

"Nobody expected it, but I would not stay without doing anything. They had to separate me from him, and your father agreed to take the punishment in my place." I was more surprised and worried. I looked at Sirius, and he was the same. "That's why he hasn't been here, but don't worry. I went to visit him, and they're going to release him." Sigh. "Why did you let yourself be captured so easily?"

"Sorry," Sirius replied. "If I didn't turn myself in, he would murder innocent people because of me." His mother frowned. I swore to focus on my food. She was trying to pierce him with her eyes and get more answers. Sirius continued without hesitation, "He attacked my father. He has made you suffer, making you believe he killed me. He has not cared what the leaders say. So now I'll finish him off."

The coldness in his voice made me swallow hard. My Sirius was also angry. He had hidden it well so far.

"But look at what he did to you," his mother replied with the same coldness.

"He didn't act alone. Besides, he hurt her too by doing this to me, and I can't forgive him for that. I'm going to have some help, so don't worry."

I felt his mother's gaze on me. I looked up, and she withdrew her eyes, returning to her son. They continued to look at each other coldly. Oh, why did the EH have to be like this? But anyway, she did care about him. That was obvious. At least I liked that she received him with a kiss on the forehead. Maybe it was just how they were. It didn't mean they didn't love each other.

"If it is true that you will have help, then I will be calm," Enif replied and continued eating.

After that, the tension faded again. Although, if it were up to me, I would stay here with him for the rest of my life. They didn't load themselves with drugs or genetically modified products. They could be strict, but they were committed and connected with nature. They lived calmly, and their cities were charming, full of green.

We went to the bedroom, and he closed the curtains.

"So, you don't feel ashamed," he explained, making me smile.

"Thank you."

"Although you should know that you don't have to worry," he clarified as he approached me, so handsome and sensual. "This room is new for us while we build our own house. That is why it's in another sector. For privacy."