The Swimming Situation

(1672 words)

"So, I had a super cool idea, everyone," Harry stated during dinner at the extended table now in the garden. "So, what if we did a jewelry exchange, us guys to all of the girls. I just feel like with the world how it has been lately, we need something to smile about," he continued, getting nods and excited cheers from a couple of specific Weasleys. (cough, cough, Ron and George, cough)

"Okay, when like maybe the day after tomorrow, since tomorrow is Harry's birthday and all," Ron said, trying not to be suspicious. "Why does it matter if it is Harry's birthday," Vernon asked, genuinely confused. "Well, we wouldn't want to do it on his birthday," Bill said, as Ron and I looked at each other. 

"I don't mind. Honestly, it's only my eighteenth, It isn't that important. I honestly think it would be fun to do tomorrow, so during the day we can shop and during the evening we can do jewelry and eat cake. Luna and Neville should get here tomorrow too. So, it is decided that tomorrow we will do the jewelry exchange," Harry said, deciding it would be better, we did not start the whole birthday thing with the Dursleys here. 

*Time skip*

"Sorry, Arthur again for making you go all that way for nothing, but we had some papers to finish at the office, that we forgot about," Mrs. Granger said, as she stepped out of the flu to see everyone. "Hawwy, Dinny, Won, I missed you guys," screamed Penelope as she jumped out of Mr. Granger's arms. "We missed you too," The group said, hugging the girl. 

"Hey, let us get those for you guys," stated George and Charlie, grabbing the bags to carry upstairs. "Okay, so kids, could you guys go get Penelope set up in the cabin with you guys while I inform the Grangers of our plan?" asked Molly, as she plopped down next to Hermione, whispering something in her ear. 

As the three other kids brought Penelope to the cabin, Teddy, took off running behind them, deciding he wanted to meet her. "Hi, I am Teddy," Teddy said, waddling along next to the other kids. "Hi there, I am Penelope, but everybody calls me Nells," the girl responded, tugging at her dress. Once they got to the door, Teddy ran off to show her his toys, Penelope chasing quick behind.

"They became besties almost as fast as me and you Ron," Harry said, bumping the boy in the shoulder. "Oh, come on, we took at least 15 minutes. I think you taking the lot of the snack trolley, kind of did it for me," Ron laughed. 

"Okay, I am gonna go put her little trunk in their room, then go out to the creek," Harry said, grabbing the small luggage, and carrying it away. "You know what if you two are staying here with the little ones, I might go out to the creek too, but if not that's okay," Ginny said, looking at Ron and Hermione who just walked in.

"Go on Ginny. We planned on staying and stealing Teddy from you," Hermione laughed, shoving her by the shoulder. "Okay, I am gonna go get a swimsuit. See you later!" Ginny shouted, running off to her room. "Hey, I am coming with you. If that is okay with you, that is," Ginny said as she stepped into the room. "That is fine, I was just about to leave, but I guess I'll grab a towel for you, while you get dressed," he answered, going into the hall to the closet.

"Kay, let's go, chunky!" Ginny said, running past her boyfriend, going into a full sprint once she got out the door. "Oh, you little turd. I am gonna get you," Harry yelled, sprinting off behind her, completely forgetting about the towels. Ginny, unfortunately, reached the water and turned around to gloat just as Harry tackled her, soaking them both. 

"Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I got you so freaking wet. You got soaked," Harry laughed, as she shoved him off of her. "I was still wearing my clothes, you idiot," Ginny shouted, causing more laughter to spew from her boyfriend's mouth. "Well next time don't run!" he laughed, barely containing himself. 

"Hahaha... uuuuhhhh, what are you doing?" he mumbled as she took off her clothes. "Well, I am swimming in my swimsuit, not my clothes. Why? Does it bother you?" she asked, grinning. "Uuuuhhhh, no go ahead," he said, as he watched her closely.

The young man's breath hitched as he saw what she was wearing under her clothes. Her swimsuit was a black strappy one piece, held together, by an arrangement of staps wrapping around her midriff. "What? Do you like it?" Ginny asked, walking toward Harry, swaying her hips intentionally. 

"Yeah, you are the most beautiful person in the world. I don't know what I did to deserve you," he stated, staring straight into her eyes. "Well maybe, you risked your life and almost died to save me, your little fangirl, from the chamber of secrets. There is also the fact that you risked your life every single day for me, my family, and everyone in the wizarding world, you went against my protests to keep me safe, and not take me with you. You were willing to die just to save us all. You have done more for this world than I could have ever done, and I don't know how you do it," she whispered, placed neatly in his lap, staring straight into his eyes. 

"You are perfect, and I am the lucky one, who was chosen from the hundreds of girls at your back and call, to love you, and cherish you, and be yours forever," She said, leaning closer to his face. "There was no competition, because from the second I met you, I knew that you would always be a part of my life, I just didn't know how. Then that naive 11 year old, turned into the strongest woman I could ever know or love, and the race was over, you would always hold my heart," he said, gliding forward to meet her lips with his.

Her hands brushed along his back, before planting themselves firmly behind his head, to play with his messy hair. His arms were quickly planted at her back, rubbing soft circles in the flesh. "I love you so much," Harry grumbled as Ginny came up for air, before quickly replacing her lips. The two grabbed at each other, pulling as close as possible, until...

"What in the world is going on here?" a voice said, shocking the two apart, causing Harry to fall backwards into the water. He came up spluttering to see Vernon Dursley staring at him. "What do you want Uncle Vernon?" Harry groaned, rolling his eyes. "You should not be spelling beautiful young women into kissing you, Harry. That is completely inappropriate, and either way, kissing in the creek is not okay," Vernon scolded. Harry was not going to let Vernon or anyone else try to ruin what he had with Ginny. 

"Vernon, I suggest you take your whole oaf self back inside, because I am not dealing with this right now... I meant it, turn around," Harry said, standing up to get in front of Ginny. "Boy, I raised you, and I will not have you treating me like a second class citizen. Come here," Vernon said, tugging on his belt. "Vernon, I am done with you thinking that you run me, you do not, and I will not take things from you anymore," Harry shot back pushing Ginny back. 

"Well, what are you gonna do about it? Huh? You don't have your little stick with you, let's see you try to abracadabra me now," Vernon laughed. They were beginning to draw an audience, everyone coming out to see what was wrong. "No, Ron, Hermione, Arthur, there is no need to take out your wands, I have this handled," Harry said, looking at the three, who had their wands drew. Hesitantly the group put away all of their wands. 

"Vernon, I am done with your blatant disregard for my life, so if you don't put that away and walk away, I will give you a tail to match your son's," Harry growled. Vernon, of course, knowing no bounds dared him, and all of a sudden the place went silent, and I mean silent, no wind, no rustle of leave, no flowing water, nothing. Then they realized that everything around the people had frozen. 

Suddenly things were flying towards the deathly still Harry. Everything that was moments ago flying toward the young man froze again and melted into pure energy, to soon enter him through his skin. "I am done with you thinking that you have the right to go around acting all high and mighty. You are nothing, you were nothing, and you will always be nothing. I am going to let you get away injury-free this time, but next time you try to, threaten to, or even think about hurting, me or anyone else, you will be as good as dead, do you understand me?" Harry asked, energy visible within his hands. 

Vernon nodded, and all of the energy left his body, going back to the items they came from, and those items back to their place. "So, if you will excuse me, I am going to go for a swim with Ginny here, before I change my mind on your fate," he said, before grabbing Ginny's hand and swimming away

So this chapter was kind of long, but I absolutely love this chapter. I feel like in a lot of fanfics, Harry gets either really angry for no reason, or he is a little fluff ball all of the time. Okay, here is today's question, As a child what did you want to be when you grew up? I always loved the notion of being a chef. Let me know in the comments, Bye loves!