•Chapter 28•

After they had been awarded detentions, had cleaned themselves and the Marauders had sneaked some Firewhiskey and snacks from Hogsmeade they were sitting in the Head's dorm teasing Frank and Alice for being "too much in love!"

"Oh c'mon, you all are just jealous you don't have someone!" Exclaimed Frank. "Hey! That's not true, I have myself the most beautiful Lily flower, don't I?" Said James as Lily who was sitting beside him nestled her head on his shoulder, "Yes you do babe." "Gah okay okay yes I'm jealous, you four are mean!" Said Marlene.

"Wait speaking of this, Sirius why did you say no to Eleanor today, I thought you liked her and I told her she could ask you out. Now I'm too scared to face her." Said Marlene. "Uh well she wasn't my type." Said Sirius. James snorted at that, "Not your type? You've said that for like the last 10 girls who asked you out!" "Ugh so what?" Sirius groaned.

"Nothing it's just a little fishy that you haven't dated someone in like months." James said. "I'm taking a break....from...girls?" Sirius said unsurely. "Okay, then date a boy." Said Lily in a half joking, half serious tone. Sirius just let out an awkward laugh at that but didn't reply.

"Guys we should go now, we need to complete the Charms assignment." Said Mary though she looked at James with a knowing look in her eyes. "Oh yeah yeah, we'll see you at the dinner, and after it." James replied, smirking. "Okay cool." She said and left with a last wink at them.

"What was that about?" Asked Sirius, when the girls left, a bit weirded out by Mary's behaviour. "Dunno." Said Remus. "Ready for the last Sirius's birthday prank at Hogwarts guys?" Said Peter, excitedly. "Oh yes. Can't believe it's the last one though." Replied Sirius. "I know, leaving Hogwarts seems so near now." Remus replied, sadly. He felt that him, more than anyone, except maybe Sirius, found his home in Hogwarts. It seemed like the only place, his werewolf problems were accepted by people or well at least by the people that knew.

"Boys I'll go in check in with the house elves for the last time." James said as he got up. "Yeah yeah, don't want this messed up." Sirius replied grinning. Oh he couldn't wait for the prank to get in action.

*************
A/N
Short chapter, I know. Sirius's birthday will be for around two more chapters and the prank will *finally* be revealed in the next one.

Thank you for reading :)