•Chapter 4•

(James Pov)
Why, why, why did I do that!? I just destroyed my last hope of becoming friends with Lily. But still I knew that what I said was right, She is ready to defend Snape who is more or less a Death Eater but not me? Does she really hate me that much?

****************

We just finished our welcome feast, which was as delicious as you could imagine. Lily was avoiding me ever since the prefect meeting. Remus and Sirius both had asked me what had happened but in vain. I wasn't in the mood to talk about it or well anything. I was snapped out my daze by Professor McGonagall calling out mine and Lily's name.

We both started walked towards the staff table avoiding each other's eyes. "I hope you're done with dinner?" She asked. We both nodded. "Good, so follow me, I want to show you your dorms." What? "Professor we know where the Gryffindor dorms are." Lily said, mirroring my confusion at the Professor's words. " Oh not the Gryffindor dorms, the head dorms." She said, a small smile playing on her lips. "Head dorms!? You mean we get our own dorms?" I said, shocked. "Yes Mr. Potter as I matter of fact you do, and they are pretty good if I might add. Now if you would please follow me." She took us near the staff room and took a right from there where we found a huge potrait of a man and a lady. "Now, you can select any password of your own choice, you will find your belongings in your respective rooms." She finished, turning back to leave.

"Thanks Minnie!" I shouted, as much as she tried to be angry at me and Sirius for calling her Minnie, I'm pretty sure she secretly loved it. I even saw a small smile appear on Lily's face at my words.

"So what password do you want to choose?" I asked Lily. "Um, is Bezoar okay?" She asked. "Weird choice but sure, whatever you like milady." I said, grinning. I was trying to forget whatever happened before.

(Lily POV)
I smiled at the word milady. We decided the password to be bezoar and entered the common room. Woah. It was almost a replica of the Gryffindor Common Room except more sophisticated and a bit smaller. But to think this is all just for two people. I saw two rooms, one on left and the other on right. I saw a plaque with the word "Head Girl" on top of the room on left and the words "Head Boy" on top of the room at right. There was a common bathroom beside the entrance to my room.

Both James and I went to check our respective rooms. And McGonagall saying they were "pretty good" was an understatement, because our rooms were amazing. I went back to common room the same time James was coming out of his own room. Okay I need to apologise to him. C'mon Lily, gather up your Gryffindor strength and go for it. "James" I said he looked up at that. "I'm sorry." We both said at the same time. He smiled at that, genuinely smiled at that, not his overconfident grin but a beautiful smile. Beautiful!? What?

"It's okay, Evans." He said, back to his own self. I hate to admit it but I was a relieved at that. "So give me a room tour?" He asked. "Only if I get to see yours, Potter." I said. "Deal." Potter and Evans, were no longer the words they called each other out of spite, they were more than that now, they a were a mark of a new found friendship, yet, teasingly, a reminder of their past six years.
***********
And so when his godson asked him those words Sirius remembered that, the first day, James Potter and Lily Evans came down to the Great Hall for breakfast, laughing at something, as friends. The day, Sirius knew, that Lily Evans was going to be a part of the marauders' life, as a friend or hopefully more.

A/N
Thank you for reading!