•Chapter 8•

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

—————————————————————

It had been 4 hours and 21 minutes since James had been laying unconscious showing no movement at all. She had no idea what consequences the three Slytherins would face but she hoped they would be severe.

Madame Pomfrey did the best she could but she had never seen such a spell and had no direct cure for it. She had almost no idea about how much time it will take for James to recover. James seemed so pale, as if he wasn't even alive. Everyone else who had been with her in the Head's Dorm before, including Alice and Frank were sitting in the Hospital Wing. Sirius was red and puffy eyed and Remus had his arm around him trying to calm him down even though his eyes were just as red. Both Dumbledore and James's parents were out on a mission and could not visit James right now.

Lily seemed to be the worst and kept repeating it was her fault, no matter how much everyone convinced her otherwise, she knew it was true, she was the reason James was barely alive.

Even though Madame Pomfrey had said he will most probably be fine, there was still a chance, however tiny it might be that he wouldn't be fine and that thought hit Lily harder than rock could ever.

Lily held his hand as he lay unconscious when suddenly she felt the fingers tighten around her. Wide eyed she looked at the others to see if anyone else has seen it, But they all looked like they hadn't. She felt it again, she couldn't be imagining this! Slowly James's eyes started to open. "Gu-guys, he's waking up!" Yelled Lily, her voice still a bit shaken.

Everyone stood up and came around James's bed. James opened his eyes to see all his friends surrounding him and looking at him curiously. "Um hi?" He said, though it barely came as a whisper. "PRONGSIE!" Shouted Sirius ready to hug James but backed off at how weak he looked. Remus called Madame Pomfrey. "Mr. Potter! How do you feel?" She asked. "Okay." James replied, he had no energy to move or to even speak properly.

Madame Pomfrey gave James another dose of medicine and after taking it he went into a deep sleep again. "You all should also go and sleep now, it's pretty late." Said Madame Pomfrey, it 1 in the midnight right now and and they had classes tomorrow. Sirius and Remus would have refused if they hadn't been so tired and they knew how strict she was about visitors. They had alteady been there for 1 hour more than she usually allowed and didn't want to anger her any more.

They all started walking back to their dorms but Lily told them she'd come in 5 more minutes. She didn't want to leave James alone. Sirius almost grinned at that as he left. "Good night James, thank you for today." She whispered in her ear and she could have sworn she saw a small smile on James's face. She began to walk back to the Gryffindor dormitory. She didn't want to sleep alone in the Head Dorms and so was sleeping in her old one with her friends.

She was about to go to her dorm when she remembered Remus had borrowed her book which she usually read at night and so went to the boys' dorms to get it. She entered their dorm slowly, she didn't want to wake anyone up. She saw the book and was about to pick it up when she noticed that Remus was awake. She gave her a small smile and whispered, "Sorry." because she thought she had waken up the boy. "It's okay, I couldn't sleep anyway." He said, now sitting on his bed.

"Yeah same, I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly after what just happened." Lily replied sadly. "You really care about him don't you?" Remus asked. Lily just blushed at that. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone." He said, smiling. He couldn't believe that Lily Evans had finally grown to like James. He remembered when James said that he wants to marry her the day he saw her and how they all had laughed at James. But wouldn't you too if you an eleven year told you that? Remus almost laughed at that memory.

"But Remus, I'm worried." Lily said. "I know, I know you feel that James would leave you too, like Petunia and Severus. You're scared to let him in." Remus said. Lily nodded, "What if I was just someone he could chase to him? What if I was just a game he wanted to win? What if he doesn't actually like me?" Lily asked. "Lily, I've known James for almost seven years now, he might be an arrogant jerk sometimes, but he is never disloyal or a liar. That's what makes him our little Jamsie." Remus told her. Lily smiled at that but she was still unsure, "But what if-" she was about to say when Remus cut her in between.

"Lily I know, liking someone is scary, they have such an easy access to your heart, don't they? I cannot promise anything for your future but for right now you like him and he likes you. That's all that matters." He said. Lily finally gave a genuine smile and said, "Yeah, you're right I guess."

"Although Remus, how do you know so much about this?" She said, teasingly. "I-I've felt it." He said nervously. He hadn't told anyone about it. Lily eyes widened, she hadn't expected this,"Who is she!?" She asked.