•Chapter 22•

"What am I going to say when Lily asks me where I was? She's not so stupid to believe your Quidditch lie!" Asked Marlene. "Oh it's alright, give her this chit and she won't even think about where you were." Said Remus, smirking.

"You know I still believe that my idea should be chosen." Stated Sirius. "Yes Sirius, you should do it, the one who isn't even able to ask out the person he likes." Said James, innocently.

That shut Sirius up. Remus was looking uncomfortable and Marlene was barely controlling her laughter.

"C'mon now give me the chit." Said Marlene. James nodded as he quickly scribbled something on a piece of parchment. He handed it to Marlene, "What if she doesn't show up?" He asked nervously. "She will Jamesie." Said Marlene as she winked at him.

*******************

"Finally! Where wer-" But Lily was cut off by Marlene winking at her and handing her a note, "I need to take a quick shower Lils, I'm tired from you know, all the Quidditch practice." She said and starting going towards her dormitory.

Lily opened the note to find something written in what she recognised as James's handwriting

Skip dinner, meet me at the black lake at 7:30
~James

Lily smiled at the note as she pocketed it in her robes.

*************

"I'll be skipping dinner guys, have some head duties with James." Lily announced as she entered her friends' dormitory. She didn't know why she was lying but she knew if she told everyone she'd get her hopes up, and she didn't want that.

Marlene smirked at that but didn't say anything. Alice looked at the two girls' faces curiously.

"Lils what is that sticking out of your robes?" Asked Mary, suddenly noticing a paper in Lily's pocket. "Oh that, just some notes!" Lily answered. "And it's completely normal for you to have notes crumbled in your pocket, that too on a holiday where you spent most of the day with us." Said Alice. "And since when did you started having such short notes." Mary added.

Before Lily could reply Alice snatched out the pieces of parchment and opened it. "OH MY MERLIN! You have a date with James!" Yelled Alice. Mary's eyes widened, " And you were hiding it from us, wow Lils!"

"Sorry guys I just didn't want to get my hopes up, and isn't a date." Lily said, almost sadly. The two girls nodded understandingly. "Wait Marls, why aren't you reacting to it?" Asked Alice suspiciously. "I didn't? Must have forgot, that's brand new information, wow Lils!" Said Marlene.

"Marlene out of all professions, please don't choose to be an actor." Mary said which even made Lily laugh but left the other two confused. "What? Actor?" Asked Marlene. "Ugh, it's a muggle thing." Explained Mary.
"You know what, this Christmas break, we're doing some muggle things, my treat!" Lily said excitedly.

"We'll decide that Lils, after we decide what you're going to wear!"

***********

A/N

Sorry short chapter!

Excited for James's surprise though;)