Chapter 34

Throughout the course of the day, Cleo's mild irritation had blossomed into a full grown attitude. Girls at school who'd normally settled for cruel was unusually vicious, and the boys... Don't even get her started on the boys fluorescent green asses. At the drop of the dice they'd morphed into petty bitches, and their annoying taunts had become physical. From knocking her lunch tray to the ground to tripping her in the main hallway by the cafeteria, shit had definitely gotten real. All thanks to Coco no doubt.

Cleo should have known when Coco spotted Tech dropping her off at school the morning she missed the bus that the bullshit would flow. For whatever reason Coco saw Tech as her man. Despite the fact he spent eighty-five percent of his time on her living room sofa cuddled  up with her. None of that phased the bitch's hood fantasies. In her mind they probably were wrapped tight just like Bonnie and Clyde. The delusional slut!

Yanking open the passenger door to Tech's Cadillac, she dropped her book bag on the floor and slid in the car.

When Tech parted his lips to speak, she cut him off with a kiss my ass glare. "Is Coco your girlfriend or something?"

Tech laughed the laugh that people did when they wanted to give an insane person a chance to retract their craziness by claiming their momentary slip in rationality was just their weak attempt at a joke. Cleo however, threw up the middle finger at his out. Receiving a straight answer from him meant a hell of a lot more than playing off some shit that made him feel uncomfortable. She needed to know where she stood with him. He needed to assure her that when she finally decided to put her hoof down, it would be on unclaimed ground and not in someone elses yard.

As he pulled away from the curb he chanced a glance at her. When he peeped her growing agitation he scrapped the silent approach. "Ya know damn well Lil' mama ain't ma gurl. It's ya I've picked up and dropped off at school fa da past two weeks not her. I don't have da minutes ta make time wit someone else." He retrained his gaze on the road, before continuing. "Not when ya gettin' damn near erry second of it already, gurl."

"Then you need to tell her that, because I don't think she knows it," she said folding her arms under her breast.

Was he really going to try her like she was dumb? She didn't believe for a minute that things were as black and white between him and Coco as he perpetrated. Her time with C's had taught her that when it came to yesterday hoes, there were shades of gray everywhere. "You need to check her ass, before I wreck that bitch. For real, for real!"

"Be easy, Cleopatra," he said, pressing his lips together like he was attempting to suppress a grin. "Ya don't have ta fight for what's already yers. Ya heard me?"

"What the hell ever." Cleo clucked her tongue. It was now her turn to stare at his ass like he'd forgot his mind. "Ain't nobody fighting over you. When I drill her ass it'll be for old and new and it won't have a damn thing to do with you either. That trick earned a fade all on her own. You gets no credit just 'cause we both feelin' you." Her mouth snapped closed. She'd said too damn much.

This time a grin did kiss his lips. "So ya feelin' me nah?"

"Yeah as a friend and thangs," she mumbled, casting her gaze out the passenger window, hiding away her expression.

If he saw her face speculations of truth would be written there just like a best-selling Jackie Collin's novel. There was no way she could look him in the eye and claim--no feelings with a straight face. Truth be sold, she was confused as hell over her emotions for Tech. To call him her man would've been false wrapped in a whole lot of incorrect, but to say he was a just a friend would've been right ran several miles in the wrong damn direction. There was not enough letters in the English language to string together the exact words to label their situation. So she saved herself the headache and refused to try. They were what they were.