Chapter 25

Sleep released Cleo in slow steady stages. First her surroundings became audible, and then awareness of where she lay, teased her somnolent mental with the mouthwatering scent of C's Obsession cologne. A grin flirted with her lips as she inhaled, to take in more of his essence. It had been almost two weeks since she'd seen him last and she'd missed the shit out of him. So when he finally came for her she couldn't even be mad. Especially, after he told her that things were back on track for him. For them!

"Stop pretending like you sleep," C's voice sounded raspier than usual. He'd must've just rolled over too. "With that big ass grin on your face. Might as well roll over and give yo' boy some of that birthday love." His lips found the side of her neck and grazed over the sensitive skin at her throat. "You know it's been a minute since we played, bae. Let me get that up out you on the house." The hand at her waist, slipped down to palm one of her butt cheeks.

Laughing she slapped his hand away. "What I told you about being so damn nasty all the time? It's too early for me to be hunching all over you."

"Yeah?" Before she could respond the mattress shifted, and a familiar weight settled on top of her, molding itself into every nook, crack, and crevice of her body. Her hips bucked against the solid bulge pressing persistently at the apex of her thighs. "That's what I thought," he whispered, his voice thick and strained at her ear. "So what you tryin' to do, Trouble? Want me to grind on it, or are you finally ready to let your boy get in it."

Cleo's eyes flared open to stare into an intense chocolate brown gaze. The impatient look in his eyes put the inner workings of his mind on wood. He was tired of waiting on her to feel comfortable enough with herself and him to go there. Could she blame him, though? It's not like he was a virgin when they first met. From all of the bitches falling out of his closet, homeboy was getting it in on the reg, and all of that was cut short when they started chilling. So it only made sense for him to want to get back to what he knew.

"Right now?" She asked, trying to stall. Her morning needs hadn't even been taken care of yet, but there he was attempting to meet his.

Pleasure spasms licked the walls of her core as he drove the bulge repeatedly into the crotch of her panties. "Hell yeah, now. Ma downstairs cooking breakfast and Ant ass probably still sleep. We can do this without anybody falling in our zone. What's up? Holla at me, bae."

Before she could answer a fist landed against the room door. "Ay? Angela said come down and eat." Ant's voice floated to them from the hall. "She said y'all got five minutes before she comes up."

"Fuck!" C's growled next to her ear. "Need to check my ass for alarms. Swear she's strapped one on me." He rolled off of her, and reached down to adjust the knot in his basketball shorts. "Give us a minute," he yelled at the door.

She sat up and watched C's slide from the bed. He swaggered over to his closet, flipped the light on, and then reached for something on the shelf. When he stepped back, he had a gift wrapped box in his hands with a sexy ass smirk on his lips. Her lower belly clenched as her knees sought comfort in the other.

"What's that?" She asked, coming to her knees to sit on the heels of her feet.

He slapped her hands away when she reached for the present. "What you think it is, bae?" He asked, giving her the, are you crazy, look. "Your first gift. Want it or what?"

Cleo rolled her eyes with a grin that tried it's best to touch her ears. This time she snatched the present from his hands and ignored the pounding against her chest cavity. It had been a minute since she received anything on her birthday. Hell most of the time, Liberty forgot so she'd spend the day like any other day. On the steps. When she finally did remember, maybe a week or so later, she'd give her a twenty and send her to the corner store for anything she wanted as long as she brought back her change.