Chapter 6 Part 2

When she stepped through the door, her eyes narrowed into slits, leaving her with only partial vision. Three bitches had surrounded C's and Ant, and all those hoes were ke-heing in their faces like they were Martin Lawrence or somebody. Was this how it was going to always be with C's? Sluts attempting to play her position when she wasn't around. Pissed, but in control, she walked over to C's and Ant and their group of bops. She cast her gaze over the scene, specifically taking in the two girls who sat on either side of her man. The hoochies were so close they might as well had been in his lap. One of the chicks had on a pair of tan hot pants with a black floral top, while the other rocked overalls. She wore one buckle off the shoulder, while sporting a crop top underneath, that just did cover her oversized breasts.

Cleo halted a few feet away, sitting on the bench opposite theirs, she watched their asses like must see TV.

"Why didn't you call?" The chick in the overalls whined as she tossed her long wavy brown hair. "You promised. Do you know how it makes me feel when you handle me this way?"

Cleo's fingernails bit into the palms of her hands. Who the hell was this bitch?

"Baby." C's swung his gaze to the bathroom door, and then back to her before placing a hand on her thigh. "You know how my day to day go. Just because I don't call you doesn't mean that you're not on my mind. I would never try to handle you. Not you."

Tears stung Cleo's eyes, and quickly sizzled away under the heat of her anger. That sounded like the same shit he'd spit to her yesterday, when he scooped her.

"Yeah?" The girl lifted her chin, a pout adding to her pretty symmetrical features. "Then why my girl told me she saw that Neon you be pushing sometimes parked in front of that, puta, Esperanza's house?"

Esperanza? Now who the fuck was she?

C's glared at the girl to his left. "You told her that bullshit?"

The girl held her up her hands as if to say she wasn't in it.

"No." The girl to the right cried out, dragging C's attention back to her. "Don't worry about who put your business on blast, you just need tell me if it's true or not. Because I haven't seen you in two days and you haven't called." She jabbed her finger in Ant's direction, who had his back to them, while he spit game to a light skin chick in a sun dress. "You got this fool, lying to me every time I try and call you." Burying her head in her hands, she shook her head. "At this point. I really don't know what to think."

"What you mean, you don't really know what to think?" C's snatched her hands from her face. "Ain't nothing to think about, Nike. Sheeit, you been riding with your boy since before I got my ass thrown into Juvie. You're the one who kept my grind goin', while my ass was locked down. Do you really think I'd jump, and shake you to left for a bitch that gotta twenty-four seven sign hangin' on her pussy?"

"I don't know, C's." Her caramel brown eyes held his. "You tell me. I've been hearing a lotta shit out here lately. Hell, Tina even told Yani that she rolled up at your spot and caught a chica negra there. And then this bitch said you even had the nerve to check her after she stomped her ass."

"A black girl." C's eyes flared in forced disgust. "Come on now." Once again his gaze flipped to the bathroom, she could almost feel him willing her not to come out as he sewed the lies of a seamless deception. "You know I don't fuck with black chicks. Man that's Ant. You should've known that shit was a lie."

The sound of his name made, Ant turn around to look at C's and Nike in question. After he saw they weren't talking to him, his gaze swung in her direction as he did a sweep of the store. His mouth fell open, incompetent in its silence, when their eyes collided. A cynical smile she didn't bother to hide, touched her lips. Yeah. There were just not enough words in the English or Spanish language to put together an excuse or lie that would save that ass. Without a word she stood, leaving everything at her feet on the floor. More than willing now to walk away from the whole situation.