pig sty | jolex x daughter!reader

warnings: none

words: 1330

summary: jo and alex's daughter's bedroom is a mess, and alex isn't happy about it

_

"crap, where is it!?" y/n rummaged through her closet. her friend had asked her to borrow a certain shirt, but she couldn't find it anywhere. "hi love, what're you doing?" jo came in tilting her head at her teenage daughter. "my friend wants to borrow one of my shirts and i can't find it." y/n groaned at her mother's question. "tell her to use her own shirt." jo joked before y/n gave her a look. "mom seriously, can you help me find it." y/n lightly chuckled. y/n found her mom extremely amusing, but right now she wasn't in the mood to laugh.

"well, i have to cook dinner. but hey, why don't you ask your dad to help you?" jo suggested as y/n groaned. "no it's fine, he won't be able to find it." y/n sighed before jo shrugged and left the room. for a little bit y/n continued to rummage through her room, making an even bigger mess than before. there was clothes everywhere, and piles, upon piles, upon piles. "hey y/n did you get that--," alex knocked on his daughter's bedroom door before entering and seeing the mess that unfolded in her bedroom. "what the hell happened in here!?" alex skimmed his eyes over y/n's bedroom.

"oh uh, one of my friends asked to borrow--," y/n started, but was cut off by her father. "you know what no, i don't care. just get this room cleaned up, it looks like a frickin' pig sty in here!" alex yelled at his daughter before exiting the room. y/n rolled her eyes at her dad before picking up a few clothes then proceeding with finding her shirt. after about an hour y/n still didn't find her shirt, so she decided to give it a break and head downstairs.

jo was in the kitchen cooking dinner with hungry alex behind her. "does this taste good?" jo asked as alex took a bite of jo's cooked meal. alex nodded before he acknowledged y/n's presence in the kitchen. "hey sweetheart." jo said through her laughter. "hey guys." y/n took a seat at the kitchen island and lightly smiled at her parents. "is dinner ready yet?" y/n took out her phone and started scrolling. "not quite, but there's some snacks in the fridge if you're hungry." jo walked over to the stove to stir her pot.

"oh y/n, did you find the shirt you were looking for?" jo turned her head around to look at y/n. "no. i can't find it anywhere." y/n sighed as alex tilted his head at his daughter. "did you get that room cleaned like i asked you too?" alex raised his eyebrows. "oh um, not yet." y/n told alex as he rolled his eyes. "are you frickin kidding me? it's been like an hour." alex scolded y/n. "babe relax. she'll get it done." jo walked back over to the kitchen island, ready to fight alex for yelling at their daughter.

"yeah dad, i'll get it done i promise." y/n looked up at her dad before glancing back down at her phone. alex looked at his daughter's phone and knew exactly what his next move was. he quickly grabbed y/n's phone from her hands, then put it in his back pocket. "hey! what was that for?" y/n exclaimed after the phone was snatched from her hands. "is your room clean like i asked?" alex asked her, knowing the answer. y/n lightly rolled her eyes at her dad. "no, but--," y/n started to say before alex cut her off.

"then that answers your question." alex shrugged before starting to walk away. "hey alex, just wait a second--," jo started to grab alex's shoulder as he spun around to face her. "you know what no. i'm tired of you guys always ganging up on me with your girl stuff. i'm the dad, and i say no phone until the room's clean, end of discussion!" alex raised his voice at the two girls before he went over to his bedroom. "great. now what am i supposed to do?" y/n would look at jo. "well, maybe you should go get your room clean." jo crossed her arms playfully at her daughter. "'i would, but i kind of sprained my arm and i don't think i can move it." y/n tried to make an excuse as jo chuckled. "yeah right. go." jo laughed as she lightly pushed y/n towards her bedroom.

y/n went into her room and sighed as she saw the mess in front of her. if she really wanted to clean this room there was two ways she can approach it. actually get it clean and spend the rest of her day cleaning her bedroom, or she could just shove everything in the closet and clean everything up another day. y/n thought about it before deciding to go with the second option--why waste a day right? y/n picked up all of her clothes that were currently on the floor. she shoved them in her closet along with the hangers on her bed. this only took about 10 minutes, and now her room looked pretty decent. y/n was happy she did it the easy way, instead of wasting her time.

"y/n, dinners ready." y/n heard her mom's voice. she looked up and saw her mom standing in the doorway. "oh, hey mom." y/n innocently chuckled as she made her way in front of her closet, making sure her mom didn't see. "hey, are we gonna eat or what?" alex popped his head in y/n's room. his eyes skimmed over the room as he nodded, impressed that his daughter actually cleaned. "wow this place looks way better than it did earlier. would you believe the mess in here? it was like i was back in my college dorm." alex chuckled. y/n laughed at her father's joke, not wanting her parents to get suspicious.

"hey, how about we go eat now?" y/n made her way to her bedroom door, hoping that her parents would follow. "hey y/n, what's wrong with your closet?" alex raised his eyebrow. "yeah, it looks like it's gonna explode." jo laughed. just before y/n could come up with an excuse the closet door bursted open, causing all her clothes to spill out, and her room was restored to the previous mess. "what the hell! so you didn't get your room clean?" alex put his hands on his hips. "well, ok technically no, but also not really at the same time." y/n looked at her parents as jo rolled her eyes. "y/n i can't even defend you anymore." jo told y/n while y/n sighed.

"ok, i know, i know, i'm sorry. i promise after we eat dinner i'm gonna get this room clean." y/n gave into her parent's death stares. "you promise?" alex crossed his arms at y/n. "yes!" y/n nodded her head. "and no funny business this time?" alex pointed his finger at y/n. "i promise." y/n put her hands up in defense. "ok." alex calmed himself down. "and i'm serious about this phone thing." alex told y/n before she lightly chuckled. the three stood in silence before y/n looked down at the clothes pile that unfolded from her closet. she squinted her eyes before she picked up a familiar article of clothing from the ground. "hey! the shirt i was looking for!" y/n beamed at her parents who just laughed at their teenager. "come on, let's go eat." jo laughed before the three walked down to the table and enjoyed their family dinner.

the end

a/n: i feel like jo would be the cool mom and i love it. and i so see alex saying all these things lol. hope you guys enjoyed this update!