HER

Cara felt the heat of Laurie's critical gaze on the side of her face like an actual flame. It was the same look she'd been giving her since the day Jonah had dropped her at their dorm, a couple of days after her very memorable birthday, because their football team was going on a series of friendly games with a few of the neighboring state universities, and he didn't want her to be alone.

It was probably the perpetual dazedness in her expression that was drawing her best friend's concern. But she couldn't help it. Her mind kept assaulting her with flashbacks of that night, and she'd been blushing so often Laurie was convinced she was ill and just hiding the fact.

"Snap out of it," Laurie said in a low voice. "You don't want Kincaid to develop the wrong kind of hard-on for you."

The man of whom she spoke was sitting at the edge of the desk at the front of the lecture hall, his attention on the student who was knee deep in something about economics and human rights. But it might have been Italian for all Cara cared. Her attention was fixed, wholly, on the man who'd given her countless orgasms just a few days back.

It was like he'd, impossibly, become so much hotter, and God, she wished she'd been able to see his face when he was over her, inside her, when he was coming, when he was looking down at her while she gave him head...

He laughed at something the student had said, and Cara's breath caught in her throat. He got unbelievably hotter when he did that. Laughing. It made his dark eyes twinkle, made something in her belly clench with heat then warmth. She wanted to feel the vibrations of that laugh while he was buried deep inside her. God, she was such a depraved human being.

Suddenly, seeming to feel her stare on him, Ben looked up, and their gazes locked. His laughter fizzled, but the intensity that replaced the mirth in his eyes was no less powerful, and Cara found herself looking away after a few seconds, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Omg," Laurie whisper-exclaimed next to her. "Something happened, didn't it?"

Cara forced her attention back to the barely there notes in front of her.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Laurie."

#

The moment the lecture was over, Cara was up on her feet, putting away her things quickly and dodging Laurie's questions with nonspecific excuses. By the time she made it out of the lecture hall, Ben was a distant quickly receding figure in a throng of students. She power walked to his office, murmuring apologies when she bumped into someone. Finally, she was at his door. She paused for a moment, took in a fortifying breath then, after two raps on the door, pushed it open and stepped in.

Ben looked like he'd just settled into the seat behind his desk when he looked up to see who'd entered. His tie was loose around his neck, but he still had his coat on. His expression, initially neutrally open, changed when he saw who it was.

"Miss Cooper..." he said in a low voice, his brows pulling together.

"Miss Cooper? I think we're past formalities now, Ben," Cara said, pushing the door shut behind her. She walked toward the desk, a new seductive sway in her hips, a sway that had Ben absolutely entranced, his lips parting while his eyes focused on her body.

She stopped right next to him, leaning against the desk and, with a shot of satisfaction, watching his hands clench around the arms of his chair, like he couldn't stop himself from wanting to touch her.

He swallowed hard as his gaze moved up from her hips, along the length of her torso, to her face.

"Cara, I know I might've given you the wrong..."