HER

It was strange, how just days before, Cara had felt like her whole world had shattered into untraceable pieces, and now, there wasn't even a trace of a fracture on the glass surface of her world. Here, snuggled against Jonah on a couch watching British television in his brother's London townhouse, it felt like nothing could be better.

She couldn't even tell what had happened so far in the episode of Doctor Who that was playing on the large TV screen. Her attention was rivetted on Jonah's gorgeous face, on the way his eyes were glued to the screen like the Doctor and Donna Noble were the thing he needed for sustenance.

"I knew Solana Mercurio couldn't be trusted," he said. "Babe, did you see that?"

He looked down and caught her staring at him, and the most beautiful smile curved on his lips.

"What?" he said. She smiled back at him. "Nothing."

With a soft laugh, he leaned down to press his lips against hers. It started off as a chaste kiss, gentle, barely there, then it was like heat was pouring into Cara's body from every point of contact her body had with Jonah's, and with a whimper, she sank deeper into the kiss.

Her lips parted under his, allowing his tongue to slip into her mouth, touching, teasing hers into a delicate dance that had moisture pooling between her thighs. His hands roamed over the curves of her body – her shoulders, the dip of her waist, her hips – then hooked under her thighs to hoist her up over his lap, so that she was straddling him.

She could really feel him then, the heat of his erection pressing against that sensitive place at the apex of her thighs, and she ground down on him, moaning into their kiss as delicious little shocks arrowed down her legs from the point where they were so intimately connected.

Now, his hands were on her ass, gripping, pressing her harder down onto him, and she was definitely going to leave a damp patch on his pants, but it didn't matter at that point because the only thing she could really think of was getting the clothes between them out of the way so that she could feel him inside her, finally.

Her hands were busy at the fly of Jonah's pants when she heard the door open, and there wasn't enough time for the two of them to break apart before Matthew was there, standing awkwardly with his coat in one hand and his car keys in another.

"I... like that couch," he said in an inflectionless voice. "I'd hate to have to throw it out because... well."

"Jesus, man, go away," Jonah said, laughing and tucking Cara's face against his chest. She was glad he did that, because her face was aflame with embarrassment, and she didn't have to see Matthew's face when he said, "The walls are thin, kid."

***

Cara was sure that by the time the night was over, she'd have worn a path into the rug on her bedroom floor. It was a little past midnight, and she was standing in the dark in her room, bathed in the watery moonlight streaming in through her window.

It had been 30 minutes, may be a little more, since she had reluctantly said goodnight to Jonah, after a very long kiss. She stood at her doorway while he walked to his room, and she caught him when he turned to look one last time at her door, and they laughed at the same time before she finally went into her room with a last wave goodbye.

But now, half an hour later, she couldn't sleep even after taking a long hot shower, and had been pacing back and forth between her bed and the door, trying to gather the courage to go to Jonah's room. Sure, Matthew had said the walls were thin, but they could be quiet. She could be quiet.

Or she could be patient. Maybe tomorrow they'd find an AirBnB to spend the rest of the winter break in, instead of allowing this simmering tension between them to reach boiling point without any resolution.