Chapter 7- Fight

^^ Her makeup looks ^^

Lucia's POV:

When Nova came back with our drinks about 10 minutes later I decided to take a break from dancing and let Nova take my place as she was getting bored watching our drinks while I danced. As I sat down I saw out of the corner of my eye, a few people shuffling a huge guy out of the main part of the club into what was probably the underground gym that the fighters can all use before a fight. I automatically knew that he was the one I would be fighting as unlike many other clubs, that club only put on one fight a day which was weird if you asked me. Wouldn't people get bored afterwards and leave?

He had a muscular build and was fairly tall, seemingly min his late to mid twenties with dark brown hair and amber eyes. He looked strong but slow as his muscle seemed to be heavy slowing down his movements even though he had only been walking. When I could get a better look at him he seemed to alleviate the pressure on his right leg when walking so that he would limp but I could see past his fake limp when he put most of the pressure on his right leg when wrapping his hands with tape. I started to observe him even more when for a split second I saw him retract his left arm and wince slightly as he moved the hand back down to his side. I made a mental note of that to make sure I knew when we fought.

Eventually, it turned quarter to 10 when I got up and found Nova to tell her that I was going to leave to get changed. She gave me one of her good luck hugs and told me that she would tell them I didn't feel so well to do her best to distract them and I put my full trust in her that she would.

I made my way slowly to the bathroom where I had stashed my bag in one of the loose vents above a stall. It took me a short while to change my clothes into a mesh sports bra and cycling shorts and take my disguise off but it all became worth it when I got to do my makeup. It consisted of black and red eyeshadow and dark red lipstick, but I got my name not only from my father but from the devil horns on one eyebrow and a tail with a point at the end wrapping around the other.

By then it was about 10 o'clock so I had to hurriedly stuff all my other clothes back into the bag and then back into the vent. I walked out of the bathroom and proceeded to look around to see if I could spot the group within the crowd but once I was sure that they were already at the arena  I paced towards the training room where I saw the man that I would be fighting enter.

As I got into the room it was much larger than I would have expected it to be as it had multiple sets of gym equipment displayed all around the room and it was spotless, which was something that I definitely didn't expect from an illegal underground fighting club. The owners are most definitely very wealthy, I thought to myself.

While I got caught up in the pristine gym, I hadn't realised that I had been staring into space for the past 10 minutes before Mateo came barging into the room, disrupting my train of thought. Without saying a thing to me, he grabbed my arm, just like Mateo had but this time I didn't punch anyone, then dragged me out into the deafeningly loud arena.

There were blood stains splattered against the walls and security stationed at every window and door that a person could escape through. I smelt a putrid stench getting stronger with each step I took towards the ring. I could hear absolutely everyone become silent at the sound of the DJ starting to announce the man I had seen previously. When I was dragged to the left hand corner of the ring Mateo gave me a slight nod of his head, as to say be careful because of the size of the very large man and I gave him one straight back smirking slightly knowing that I got it.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I hope no boys or girls, the main event is about to begin. To my right hand side is the reigning champion The Viper", the middle aged man sissed loudly as the crowd went wild and got out of their seats to show their love to their champion. The 'viper' stepped smugly onto the ring and spread his arms out widely to soak in the gratification. "But, to my left hand side is the one we've all been waiting for" he paused for a second, "the one, the only Lucifera" The crowd suddenly went quiet for a few seconds before they roared up cheering and banging on the wall much louder than they did for the other man.