Chapter 13- Basement

^^Her outfit^^ :)

Lucia's POV:

As I had been staring into space for the last few minutes, my attention was caught. Santo was escorting Jay to what looked like the door leading towards the basement. My feet advanced towards the two of them on their own accord.

As they disappeared down what seemed to be a flight of stairs, I started to follow them stealthily. It was convenient that it was quite late in the day, which meant that most of the goons in the house had either been on their nightly run or already in their bedrooms, meaning I could sneak anywhere I pleased with a smaller chance of being caught.

The stairs were narrow and twirled down towards the darkness. You could barely see the bottom of the stairs as the lighting was dim and weak. 'There has to be a better way of getting down here' I thought just as I saw the separate elevator that joined the one which was mainly used. I rolled my eyes at myself.

Immediately entering, the atmosphere was cold and dreary. My bare feet touched the cold concrete ground as I observed the cell blocks adorning the entirety of the damp, stone walls. They ran from the start of the long hallway and so far that I couldn't see the ending of the rooms.

I had to give it to him. He really did pour his hatred for the enemy into the design. The boxes were more coffin-like than anything, a hollow cube of brick, with one way in, one way out. There were no windows, the only source of light was what little light crept from underneath the steel door. They looked about 5 feet by 2, barely enough to lie down at night with raised knees, and were completely empty, forgetting about the metal chains hanging off the wall.

The design was disorientating as you'd have no idea how much time had passed and if it was night or day, given enough time you could forget your own name. There would be total isolation. No kinds of stimulation could come to you, little to no sound, no light, no furniture such as a simple bed, except the clothes from off of their back. The only sound that could be heard was the wailing and sobbing of the individuals trapped within the walls before I heard what sounded like Santo and Jayden.

"You stay here, don't... from your station until... direct orders... me." Only hearing small fragments, I pieced together a sentence in my mind.

"Got it" I heard clearly coming from Jay as it sounded as if he was handed a bulky item before he was left standing on his own.

Santo was quickly approaching and before I could process his swift movements, I was stuck between legging a long distance to the door and staying where he could so obviously catch me.

Before I knew it I was making a break towards the door that was left slightly ajar when I entered. Santo quickly saw and sped after me, running at his full speed.

My fingertips skimmed the handle when large hands grabbed my waist, then yanked me down the stairs, causing me to lose my balance and bring them down with me. We rolled down the stairs messily while banging my entire right side on the banister of the stairs.

I was grateful for his body breaking my fall towards the ground but was briskly ignored when I realised how he was positioned underneath me; my legs on either side of his waist, my two arms laid down beside his head, and mine laid at the side of his neck as he threw his head back in pain and pushed me harshly off him.

All of the commotions caused Jay to run quickly towards us both laying on the floor, writhing in agony. Holding a hand out towards Santo, it was steadily taken before he doubled over in pain while clutching his stomach. After taking one deep breath he immediately got over it and held a hand out to me as Jayden had offered him before.

"I don't need your help" I slapped away his hand, getting up uncomfortably by myself, as my pride was much too large to accept his help.

"Fine," he turned and shook his head, slightly gripping his side.