1

Grovenor Square, 1813Dearest Reader,The time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season

Dearest Reader,
The time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season.Consider the household of the Baron Featherington.Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sorrows, by their tasteless....

"Tighter" Lady Featherington says, while the maid ties Prudence's corset tighter.

....tactless mama.

"Tighter"Lady featherington says while trying to pull on Prudence's corset."Is she to breath, Mama?" Penelope asks while looking at her mother."I was able to squeeze my waist into the size of an orange and a half when I was Prudence's age.Your sister shall do the same."Lady Featherington tells Penelope while she pulls the corsets strings tighter, which makes Prudence gasp.

For better odds might exist in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton.A shocking prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

"Ughh...I am already roasting."Eloise says while walking down the stairs with Hyacinth and Francesca."Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise?"Francesca asks."Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day."Eloise says.
"I feel like a Princess.Do I look like one?"Hyacinth says excitedly."Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?"Eloise says while rolling her eyes."On your left."Gregory says while tapping Hyacinth's shoulder."Oh, Gregory!"Hyacinth yells while chasing him.Benedict and Colin stand up and walk to were Eloise and Francesca were standing at.
"Is our dear sister still not ready?"Benedict asks. "She's only been readying herself the entire night." Francesca says with a wide smile."You mean her entire life."Eloise says."I shall run upstairs and hasten her along."Colin says while heading to the stairs but gets stopped by Benedict."Colin, wait.I'll do it."Benedict says."She liked me better than you, Benedict."Colin says and Benedict looks at him while gaping."Did she say that?"Benedict asks."Everyone says that."Colin says and Eloise groans.Eloise walks in front of her brothers and stands at the start of the stairs."Daphne!"Eloise yells, which makes everyone stop and look at her."You must make haste!"Eloise says, and then turns around with a big smile to see her siblings looking at her."Should you think she heard me?"Eloise asks.

Now in the perfect household of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, also known as The Hathaway manor.The last time we've seen them in the social season was when their eldest daughter Ophelia Hathaway was being presented,whom was also known as the Diamond of the season.She married a Duke, but is now widowed with a kept title and various of fortunes.Who knows if this social season the youngest of the Hathaway,Anastasia Hathaway, will present herself.

Anastasia was getting her hair done by her servants while Ophelia was sitting down in the chair looking at her sister."Have you talked to him, at least?" Ophelia asks Anastasia who looks up at her."What is there to talk about?Anthony broke his promise when I saw him sneak out multiple times to see that Oprah singer"Anastasia says while clenching her jaw."Does he know?"Ophelia asks."He doesn't know that I know, he takes me for stupid and clueless."Anastasia says while putting on her diamond earrings."I didn't mean that, Does he know that your joining this social season?"Ophelia asks and Anastasia shakes her head."He doesn't, but that will teach him that I'm done waiting.I know my worth and now it's time to show it."Anastasia says while the maid finished her hair.

Anastasia walks down and sees her family looking at her with wide smiles."You look flawless"Duke Hathaway says while hugging his daughter.

How very well perfect, indeed!

Anastasia sits in the carriage with her family."Are you nervous, dear?"Duchess Hathaway asks while Anastasia looks outside the window."Of course mama I don't know what to expect, what if it all goes wrong.?Anastasia asks."Oh please, sister you look amazing any guy would be dumb not to have you." Alaric says while smiling to his sister."I remember when It was my first time, you must be confident Anastasia."Ophelia says."It will pass my dear"Duke Hathaway says while giving her a smile.The carriage suddenly stops."We have arrived"The driver said. The door opens and Anastasia is the last to step out.She looks around which makes her heart speed up.Anastasia notices the Bridgerton family and quickly rushes inside.Meanwhile the Bridgerton family are gathered around the entrance."Anthony!You are here."Daphne says with a small smile."Of course I am here, sister.I'd never miss such an important day for you and our family."Anthony says. "No, you would just be late for it."Lady Bridgerton says.Daphne looks around for her best friend but when she doesn't see sight of her she turns to Anthony."Have you seem Anastasia she said she was going to be here for support, I supposed she was with you?"Daphne asks and Anthony gets a source of guilt by the mention of her name."I thought she was coming with you?"Anthony asks and Daphne shakes her head.Lady Bridgerton grabs Daphne's hand while nodding to Anthony."Shall we?"Anthony says while hooking his arm with his sister and they head inside.

Today is a most important day, and for some a terrifying one, for today is the day London's marriage-minded misses are presented to her majesty the Queen.May god have mercy on their souls.

Anastasia stands with her mom while she looks around for Daphne."Mama will you come with me to say hello to Daphne."Anastasia says and Duchess Hathaway nods.They both walk towards Daphne and lady Bridgerton who look at them surprised. "Anastasia?I never thought you were going to present?"Daphne asks, who was one of the people that knew of her secret relationship with Anthony. "At least you won't be alone"Lady Bridgerton says while greeting her best friend and Anastasia. Daphne and Anastasia walk a few steps of their mothers. "What about Anthony?"Daphne asks."He has a mistress.I have acted clueless and dumb, but I have had enough of it."Anastasia says and Daphne nods while hugging her best friend."Well I wish you luck, I love you"Daphne says."I wish you luck too, and I love you as well"Anastasia says.Their moms both walk up to them."It's almost time, dears.We better get ready."Duchess Hathaway says.

"Miss Prudence Featherington, Miss Phillippa Featherington, and Miss Penelope Featherington...all presented by their mother, the right honorable Lady Featherington."The announcer says.The doors open to reveal the Feathearington sisters and their mother.The three sisters try to walk out of the door but they get slightly stuck so they tumble out slowly.They walk up to the Queen awkwardly, whom seems unimpressed.

It is only the Queen's eye that matters today.

The Queen waves her hand unimpressed, which made Prudence faint.

A glimmer of displeasure...and a young lady's value plummets to unthinkable debts.

"Miss Daphne Bridgerton, presented by her mother , the right honorable,the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton."The announcer says while the doors open and reveals a beautiful Daphne and Lady Bridgerton.Daphne walks elegantly towards the Queen and they both bow.The Queen slowly stands up and walks towards Daphne slowly.She lifts up Daphne's chin and smiles."Flawless, my dear" The Queen says which makes Daphne smile.The Queen gives her a kiss on the forehead while she walks back to her seat.Daphne and Lady Bridgerton bow."Did that truly just happened?"Daphne whispers to Lady Bridgerton."Keep smiling, dearest.They are watching you...now more than ever."Lady Bridgerton says.

"Miss Anastasia Hathaway."As the announcer announces the familiar name Anthony looks at the door with wide eyes not believing what he heard. "Presented by her mother, the right honorable, the Duchess of Sussex, Duchess Hathaway"The announcer says.The doors open to reveal a beautiful Anastasia, which make people go in awe, and Duchess Hathaway.They both walk elegantly towards the Queen and bow.Anthony clenches his jaw with anger and jealousy to see his lover being presented.Though he might admit it was selfish of him to keep lying to Anastasia about Siena, he will always make Anastasia his first priority and lover. The Queen stands up and walks towards Anastasia and lifts up her chin slowly."That was truly elegant and flawless, my dear"The Queen says while giving her a smile.Anastasia smiles back and the Queen gives her a kiss on the forehead.They both bow down while feeling everyone's eyes on her.

But as we know the brightest a lady shines, the faster she may burn.