10

As Anthony made his way back home, after seeing Siena at the men's club today talking to Simon

As Anthony made his way back home, after seeing Siena at the men's club today talking to Simon.He realized that he couldn't let Anastasia slip away. "I must talk to you"Lady Bridgerton tells Anthony while she drags him to his office."Can't this wait, I'm a little tired Mother"Anthony says while taking a deep breath."Anthony, I must tell you...the guy who's trying to court Anastasia is-"Lady Bridgerton starts to say but gets cut off by Anthony."Not a problem, I've got it settled I give her the most finest jewelry,dresses, and flowers than he could ever give her.He is not certainly a competition."Anthony says and Lady Bridgerton curses him under her breath for his cockiness."He's a prince.The man who is trying to court her is the prince of Italy.He was presented today and might I say that they both looked well in each other's company." Lady Bridgerton says and Anthony looks at her.Oh how life was bitting him in the ass he thinks.The news completely silenced him and his cockiness demeanor suddenly vanished."You must work harder to try and get her.And I know Cordelia and Alec might not admit it, but they do certainly want you two together."Lady Bridgerton says as she walks out of the office.Anthony sighs and leaves his office.As he makes his way he sees Daphne."Sister?Whatever are you doing?"Anthony asks."I could not sleep.I thought of a bit of warm milk might help matters." Daphne says."Should I ring for a servant?"Anthony asks and Daphne shakes her head."No...No, do not wake them.Would you like to join me?"Daphne says.
Both Bridgerton siblings were both staring at the stove with questionable expressions."We should light it"Daphne says turning to Anthony."Excellent idea"Anthony says."Well, go on."Daphne says and Anthony turns to her."Me?"Anthony asks."I should not know how to do it."Daphne says."And you believe I should?"Anthony says.They both turn back to look at the stove."Cold milk, then"Daphne says. "Most refreshing, given the heat"Anthony says while Daphne hands him the container holding the milk. They both take a drink out of it."Can I ask you a question, Brother?"Daphne asks."So long as it has nothing to do with the inner working of that thing." Anthony says and they both chuckle."It is about the Duke"Daphne says and Anthony turns to her."What about the Duke?"Anthony asks."Well—Do you know the reason he is opposed to marriage?"Daphne asks and Anthony sighs."Daph...."Anthony starts to say but gets cut off by Daphne,"He is your closest friend.Surely you must know things"Daphne says."The thing I know are most certainly not for your ears."Anthony says."How foolish of to ever even wonder about such things."Daphne says as she takes a drink out of the milk."He barely knew his father.Never knew his mother.Not one sibling.The Duke grew up...quite differently than us,Daph.In all the 20 years I have known him, he has not mentioned his so—called family even once.He spent his entire life alone."Anthony says."How very sad." Daphne says while looking down."He prefers it that way.You must not concern yourself with his troubles.You must simply know some people are not meant to be together...unless you fight for them." Anthony says."I see...what about you?"Daphne asks. "What of me?" Anthony asks."Are you going to stop seeking for Anastasia's hand and leave it to the prince, or are you still pursuing her?"Daphne asks. "I'm still pursuing her.But I am afraid it might not be to easy."Anthony says.They both sit in silence and Daphne hops off the table."Thank you, brother for the milk.We will have to do this again sometimes."Daphne says.

I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals.It stirs the passions and moves the spirit, and, this author hopes, inspires more newsworthy pursuits.A new wing at Somerset House is to be opened today, where several attractions will be on display...
Like the lovely Miss Marina Thompson, newly recovered from her mysterious illness and expected to finally rejoin the season.

Anastasia gets down of the carriage with the help of her brother.She sees Theo being surrounded by many debutants.They both make eye contact and he smirks and quickly makes his way to her leaving all of the girls giving Anastasia a glare."My love"Theo says while kissing her hand.

Of course, there is today's royal attraction as well, Prince Theodore of Italy, but young debutants he practically taken since he has been ignoring all the young debutants for one of the diamond of the season, Miss Anastasia Hathaway.But don't worry there is another royal attraction, Prince Friedrich of Prussia, His highness has come to our shore in want of a fine Fräulein.Could this be the reason a certain language tutor has been seen visiting Cowper house all week?
_________________________________
I'm posting the next chapter when I'm done eating so stay toon✨😚