2

It has been said that, "Of all bitches dead or alive, a scribbling woman is the most canine"

It has been said that, "Of all bitches dead or alive, a scribbling woman is the most canine".If that should be true, then this author would like to show her teeth.My name is Lady Whistledown.You do not know me, and rest assured, you never shall.But be forewarned, dear reader, I certainly know you.

Anastasia was at her home having tea with Ophelia and Duchess Hathaway.Anastasia was reading the article Lady Whistledown had wrote."Who even is she?"Anastasia asks and Duchess Hathaway shrugs. "She has called you a sparkling diamond of the first water along Daphne"Ophelia says.The door opens and a servant comes in."Duchess Hathaway, Lord Bridgerton has requested to talk to Miss Anastasia Hathaway."The servant says.Both Ophelia and Anastasia look at each other."Lucy we have told you thousands of times to call us by our first name we don't mind, also he may come in."Duchess Hathaway says while smiling."My apologies Miss Ophelia."The servant says while walking away. Anastasia sighs and prepares for the conversation she was about to have with Anthony.Lucy comes back with Anthony by her side.All three ladies stand up and greet Anthony, Anthony bows in response. "Shall I speak with Anastasia Duchess Hathaway" Anthony asks while maintaining eye contact with Anastasia."Of course you shall, and call me Cordelia dear."Duchess Hathaway says while walking towards the door and looking at Ophelia.Anastasia quickly grabs Ophelia's hand."She can stay mama, we need a chaperone because it is truly unlady like to be alone with a man."Anastasia says quickly and Ophelia nods.Duchess Hathaway nods and closes the door while leaving with Lucy.Ophelia grabs her tea and she notices Anthony looking at her."Go along, don't mind me"Ophelia says with a funny smile.Anthony sighs and looks at Anastasia."What were you thinking!Presenting yourself like that in the social season, I told you I was going to court you when the time comes!"Anthony says angrily and Anastasia rolls her eyes."When the time comes!?Or maybe when you grow tired of that Oprah singer!"Anastasia yells while Anthony's eyes widen."Ho-?"Anthony begins to say but gets cut off by Anastasia."How did I find out?Well I heard rumors about you and that certain Oprah singer, my naïve self thought it was not true, until I found you kissing her.I told myself it was a one time think but I've seen that you would often leave so soon and I followed you go to the same location over and over again.You think of me as a fool.Well I am not and I am done waiting.Nobody will hold me back from my future,not you nor nobody.I truly thought I loved you, but I just loved the idea of you and the idea of the lavish life I build myself in my imagination."Anastasia says and Anthony looks at her with regret in his eyes."You do love me,and I'm sorry.I'll leave her and I'll propose right here right now.I don't want to lose you.I truly see a future with you, just please give me a chance." Anthony says while holding her face in his hands delicately like she would disappear in thin air and never come back."It's to late for that.I'm not that young girl Anthony.I've grown up.I thought I needed someone to guide me in life, but now I learned.I'm done.I'm not your silly little puppy who is going to wait for you to come back to me when you are done with that Oprah singer."Anastasia says while tears fall down her eyes."Please don't do this.I beg you." Anthony says and Anastasia shakes her head."You are free to do what you want.From now on we are just acquaintances.You may leave now."Anastasia says while stepping away from Anthony's hold and towards Ophelia who sipping her tea lightly and looking at the ex-couple.Anthony looks at the ground and then looks at Anastasia who looks down. "I will fight for you, Anastasia.This is not the end of us.I truly love you."Anthony says while walking away from the room."Told you he was a rake"Ophelia says and Anastasia sighs."I truly don't need your opinion" Anastasia says and Ophelia winks at her.Alaric comes in and looks at both his sisters."What was Anthony doing here, did he come here for me?" Alaric asks while sitting down."Trust me you are the least of his worries"Ophelia says while laughing.

Meanwhile in the Bridgerton household."You absolutely sparkled sister."Hyacinth says while Daphne takes off her dress."Come, now.I marley simpered and minced in a pretty dress like everyone else."Not exactly like everyone else."Francesca says. Eloise looks up from the Lady Whistledown article. "Oh, I shall need to go and visit with Penelope.Her presentation was anything but.....what was it the Queen called you again?"Eloise says and Daphne smiles while putting on her dress."Flawless or some such thing.Trust I was astonished her majesty offered me, out of 200 young ladies present a most gracious mark alongside with Anastasia."Daphne says."Yes, it was quite a distinction.And now 200 young ladies have a common adversary.I wish you luck, sister."Eloise says sarcastically."Eloise!"Francesca says."What? It is true."Eloise says."My success on the marriage mart influences all of your prospects.We will all need to find love one day.Indeed, a love as pure as what Mama and Papa once shared, if we are so fortunate.I merely hope I am able to continue such a grand tradition."Daphne says while looking at her sisters.All of a sudden Lady Bridgerton comes into the room with a maid holding a dress."Your dresses have arrived."Lady Bridgerton says, and all the girls except Eloise go to Lady Bridgerton excitedly."Oh!This one is quite ravishing."Daphne says while admiring the dress.Eloise walks in slowly while looking at her sisters admiring the dress."Mary Edgecombe wore a similar shade last season."Lady Bridgerton says. "And secured three offers the very next day, one from an earl."Daphne says."Mary Edgecombe, now the Countess of Fulton, apparently spent the last year living in a cottage hundreds of miles from her earl.She is miserable.It says it all here."Eloise says while looking down at Lady Whistledown's article. "Do not tell me that is yet another scandal sheet.Eloise—"Lady Bridgerton begins to say but gets cut off by Eloise."No, no, this one is different.This one lists subjects by name, in full." Eloise says.Hyacinth and Francesca quickly rushes over to her."Let me see"Hyacinth says while Francesca snatches the article off of Eloise's grasp. "Lady Whistledown"Francesca says while looking at the article."Lady Whistledown"Daphne says while taking the article."The author"Eloise says."Do we know a Lady Whistledown?"Lady Bridgerton asks. "Surely Lady Whistledown cannot be her true name" Francesca says while they all walk into the fitting room."What does it say, dearest?"Lady Bridgerton asks."She loathes the fact that we've been named alphabetically, oldest to youngest."Daphne says while looking at the article."Your father and I found it orderly."Lady Bridgerton says while looking at the article alongside Daphne."Lady Whistledown finds banality."Daphne says."The papers were distributed across town today without charge."Eloise says while putting her head in her mother's shoulder."Without charge? What kind of author—"Lady Bridgerton says but then stops as she reads something that catches their attention.Daphne and Lady Bridgerton gasps and laugh."Well, at least she has one thing right.She has named Daphne alongside Anastasia as the season's incomparables.She calls them the diamonds of the first water.Well, how lovely!"Lady Bridgerton says while everyone has big smiles on their faces.

"What do you mean we can't see each other again?" Siena asks while looking at Anthony in disbelief. "I'm sorry it wasn't my intention on getting you caught up-"Anthony begins to say but gets cut off, "Not your intention? Are you being serious? Is it because of the Dukes daughter Anastasia Hathaway?" Siena asks."I told you from the beginning I love her, and that she is my first priority alongside my family."Anthony says and Siena rolls her eyes."If she was your first priority and supposedly love of your life, why did you come to me?"Siena asks."I was bored and I had nothing to do.I didn't want to revoke her innocence, her brother and father would have my head for that."Anthony says."She found out didn't she?"Siena asks and Anthony looks down."Well good for her, she deserved the right to know what kind of man you are"Siena says with tears in her eyes while walking away.

Anastasia was staring at her dress that she was going to wear for the ball."Knock knock"Duke Hathaway says while entering Anastasia's room."Papa, what is it that I'm needed in?"Anastasia asks."You're not needed on anything my dearest, but I just wanted to tell you word of advice if any gentleman tries to do something to you.I give you a pass of using self defense."Duke Hathaway says and Anastasia laughs. "Just like mama did to you when she scared her in the gardens while she was taking a breath."Anastasia says while laughing."Yes indeed, and that was the moment I fell in love with her.I was a rake and your grandmother forced me to attend the ball and I saw your mama in the gardens and I recognized her as the seasons diamond, I thought she was beautiful so I walked towards her so I can present myself.As I tap her shoulder she yelps and punches me in the face." Duke Hathaway says as we both laugh."Are you two making fun of me"Duchess Hathaway says while walking in the room."Oh no dear, we were just making fun of your morning hair you get."Duke Hathaway says making them laugh."Well Anastasia you should put on your dress, because the carriage is almost prepared."Duchess Hathaway says with a wink.