one

Chapter one/ imani

I sigh and rub my temple for the 100th time I'm so tired and worn out I have been in my office for a very long time now.

I look down at the sketch in front of my desk im not coming up with anything I'm suppose to be coming up with new lingerie ideas but I got; nothing.

The door of my office swung open and my assistant walks in. "Ma'am" she calls out I drop my iPad and the pencil giving her my full attention. "The fashion show has been scheduled everything is going perfect like you asked" she inform me and I sigh in content. "Ok thank you Kelsy and you do not have to stay with me for tonight go home to you little guy, tell him I said hi" I smiled up at her. "Thank you ma'am" she beam. "It's Imani for you Kelsy I have told you many times" I chuckle amusely.

"Ok good night Imani" I smile at her.

I watched as Kelsy gather all her thing bag paperwork from her desk and turn the light in her office off, I sigh.

After hours I finally came up with some ideas, the fashion show was close I had to have lingerie ready each design has to impress than the last, Running a company is such a stress keeping up with data and numbers.

I run a lingerie and skin care company at just 24 I'm satisfied with where I am, like fucking.,Purrr.

I grimace when my stomach Grumble I haven't eaten in hours all day in fact I'm so busy that I forget to eat, again.

I look over at my phone and notice that it's 7:30 I sigh and grab my bag and my iPad making sure to grab my laptop so that I can finish some work at home.

I got in my tesla and Drove off decided to stop at the fancy Restaurant that has just opened in the heart of Toronto I decided to get some food I need it.

The man didn't even complain about reservations he just took me to a table.

The inside of the restaurant is a velvet burgundy the covers on the tables are a silk burgundy the walls are painted black lifting the place giving it a rich luxurious Aesthetic and the swift crystal chandelier is just wow, this must cost a fortune.

"Waiting for someone" I look up to see a petite girl in front of me and I smile at her she seems shock, I can instantly understand why it's because the usual people that come here are such dicks. Rich people are assholes.

"No I'm by myself" I answers, she smile back before saying. "Well, can I get you something" , "yes a glass of water would be fine while I take a look at the menu" she hurried somewhere and I look at the menu.

Even the dish were luxurious I'm glad money isn't a problem for me anymore I can still remembered the day my mother used to starve me to death like it was yesterday, I shudder the painful memories away when the girl brought me the water, I ordered my food and wait.

It didn't take much long for my food to come in fact it was rather quick than I thought I would be.

-

After I'm done eating which was quick I make my way out of the fancy restaurant and to my Apartment.

A glass of wine and a rose bath will help me relax.

The first thing I did is strip naked when I got there and prepare my bath.

My muscles relax as I sip on my wine and the warm water does it's works.

Those walls are lonely sometimes I feel like the loneliness is swallowing me whole but I have been alone on my own in the world ever since I was 9 years old, so I can't complain much.

I don't really have friends I only find a friend in Kelsy even though we're not really close but she's the closet thing I have to a friend.

So at 24 years of age the only thing I have is me and my success, I have taken many of kelly's advice about having a boyfriend though but I never found one and I'd probably push him away with my demons anyways.

My mother never loved me as a child so her and my step father would constantly abuse me all physically mentally emotionally which makes it impossible to let myself be seen and cope I always think people is coming for me like the world hate me it makes it impossible for me to trust people.

I'm very confident when it comes to my business but it's just a mask to hide my pain.

Like most of the time I'd have the constant need to scream and cry let all my pain go but I keep it in and that breaks my heart.

I never dared to ask God for a man or a family someone as broke like me can never hold anything like that together I'd probably push him away and break his and mine heart in the process so I never mentioned love in my prayers and plus who would love someone like me_ I don't deserve it.

A lone tear fall out of my eyes but I'm quick to wipe it up, I cannot be crying.

I remember when I was a child before the age of nine my dad was very lovely to me he was the best dad him and my mom we were a happy family when I turn nine he died in a car accident leaving my mother heartbroken since I look so much like my dad she abuses me everyday telling I should have died instead of him.

Ever since then, my mother never loved me or showed me any warm I work my ass off I have been working jobs ever since I was 14 to put food on the table, I work as hard in school and get a scholarship it was only then did I escaped the hell I lived for so many years and to be honest I never left because the memories forever lives with me_ hunt me.

I push myself out of the bathtub fearing that I might fall asleep in there again. I rinse my body and laid on the bed all alone and await the regular nightmares to comes in my sleep.

/////
First chapter.