𝐈 | The Seductress

ZAIRA SAT ON THE BASE OF THE MARBLE STATUE, SEETHING IN SILENT ANGER, HER BEAUTIFUL FACE COVERED WITH A MASK OF CONTENTMENT. The building that overlooked the courtyard housing the statue, was home to the meeting that caused her silent anger. The misogynistic assholes inside, being the primary reason. The whispery smoke trailing upward from the cigarette in her delicate gloved fingers, provided a visual representation of the smoke that was coming out of her ears in anger.

Heavy footsteps echoed through the empty courtyard, a usual thing given the unusual circumstance surrounding the statue. Zaira didn't even have to look behind her to know who it was. Not a single person had the guts or cared enough to check up on her - a side effect of working in a man's world. At least, that's what her family calls it.

"Tell me, how close were you to putting a bullet between his eyes?" the man said, silky Italian accent pouring through the holes of his words.

"You underestimate my self control, fratello," smirked Zaira, Italian accent seeping through her words too, causing a flutter in the hearts of those who aren't immune to its intoxicating effects.

"You so wanted to shoot him," the man chuckled, his childish nature peeking through the veil of his tough exterior.

"Be careful Fiero, wouldn't want your mommy to hear you be anything less than intimidating. Not that you do a good job of it anyway." 

His broad frame peaked into her view, his long strides quickly closing the slight gap between the two, a shit eating grin spreading across his devilishly handsome features. 

"My lady, you should be careful. Wouldn't want anyone to see you being unladylike for once. They might fall ill at the wretched sight."

"Lucky for them, I know the cure to their mysterious illness," Zaira retorted back, not giving him the satisfaction of getting the last word.

"And what is this magic medicine?"

"My bullet. It's worked wonders for many. Would you like to give it a try?" 

Fiero chuckled at Zaira's sharp tongue, plopping himself down next to her, a slight thump resonating through the abandoned grounds.  He didn't bother to try and get the last word in, Zaira would never give him the satisfaction.The two sat there in silence - a rather comfortable one mind you, one you would find between individuals who have known each other all their lives. 

Zaira took a long inhale from her the cigarette dangling in her gloved hands, the crimson of the gloves was a stark contrast to the white marble statue it hung near. Unlike other men, Fiero was not a hairy brute, rather a sophisticated gentleman with an impressive size - a very good thing for a man of his trade. But still, when his manicured hand stole Zaira's cigarette from her hand, it dwarfed it. Zaira paid no mind to the action, the two having done this many times before.

"I prefer cigars," commented Fiero, his deep voice shattering the silence, words dripping with a heavy accent.

"Get your own then."

"Touché," he paused, blowing a mouth full of smoke, only for it to be swallowed by the warm air,"You think they will ever change their mind?"

"Vicario, we agreed not to talk about it," seethed the woman, snatching back her cigarette before taking a long drag from it.