𝐗𝐕𝐈⎥to be alive without breath

THE CATHEDRAL WAS UTTERLY SILENT- THE SOUNDS OF RAGGED BREATHING ECHOING OFF THE STONE WALLS THAT TO THEM SEEMED TO HAVE DISAPPEARED, AND YET STILL, THERE WAS AN ENTIRE SYMPHONY PLAYING BETWEEN THE PAIR. It danced upon the rivers of tension, sparking at ever movement, wishing for something to trigger a blaze that rivaled the ache the women felt in their fluttering hearts. Zaira's soft hands lit fires upon the clothed body of Nayeli's as it slowly blazed a path toward Nayeli's firm shoulders, her eyes burning with curiosity and excitement. Control was something she had always craved, the power Zaira felt when she lead in nearly everything was a high she yearned for. But in this particular moment, she wished to hand over her reigns. She desired to flirt with the edge of the unknown with only the strong hand at her waist and the comforting eyes of Nayeli to lead her.

Nayeli's eyes widened in surprise, a sandstorm raging in the desert of her iris as she silently asked for Zaira's permission. Zaira smiled and shook her head at the action, her heart fluttering like a baby bird learning how to fly. Strong fingers slipped away from their position upon Zaira's curvy waist, leaving her to float mindlessly on the tension as her anchor was gone. The sharp intake of breath was enough to slice the tension between them, Zaira's eyes falling to meet the shining marble floor. But the slice was blocked by the long fingers that met her regal jaw-line, tracing it as if they were attempting to memorize every detail and never let go. 

The burden of remaining calm weighed heavy upon Zaira's shoulders, her eyes remaining firmly fixed on the ground in an attempt to shoulder it. Slowly the fingers raised her chin upward, her eyes finally forced to meet Nayeli's warm ones. And just like that, the last of her resolve shattered, her soft hand slipping from its place upon Nayeli's shoulder, racing down the length of her arm till it reached the larger hand that had taken to lovingly caressing Zaira's soft face.

The eyes of her partner was a dessert filled with an oasis filled with warmth and love radiating out of it. Soft fingers stroked Nayeli's hand, her eyes lost in the oasis of her partner's. The soft thud of Nayeli's shoe against the marble rang in her ears as stepped farther away from Zaira, her warm hand slipping from Zaira's magnificent face, finding its way to clutch the hand that was free for her taking. 

Zaira's eyes twinkled with mischief as she gazed at the beautiful woman before her, utterly grateful for the moment they had stolen. Strong hands pulled her close, her body colliding with Nayeli's larger one, both of the women drunk on the tension that engulfed them. Feather-like lips planted a soft kiss on Zaira's forehead, resting there for a moment before Nayeli pulled away to resume their longing gaze. A tender smile played upon Nayeli's face as she looked at the woman she held hands with, unable to comprehend how lucky she was to be in the company of a woman like Zaira. 

Calloused hands gently placed Zaira's hand onto Nayeli's broad shoulders, before Nayeli gently placed her hand on Zaira's side.The symphony that had become muted came to life once again, its steady rhythm flowing through the both of them. Nayeli softly squeezed Zaira's hand - a signal that Zaira did not fail to notice. She gazed at the woman in complete confusion, surprise filling her beautiful eyes though it did not show as she nailed every step with ease. 

"The Viennese Waltz," chuckled Zaira, playfully squeezing Nayeli's large hand, analyzing the the strangely familiar form of her partner,"I see you are a woman of culture." 

Nayeli beamed at the beauty before her, a mischievous glint flickering dangerously in her hypnotic eyes, her heart soaring at the smile that played upon Zaira's face. 

"Do not be so cocky, ya amar . The dance has only just begun."

Zaira barely had time to process the words that fell out of the brunette's mouth before she felt the soft tap upon her side - awakening the brutal teachings of her former dance teacher. Not a thought passed through her mind as her hand slipped away from Nayeli's firm shoulders, twirling with practiced ease.