𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈⎥The Labours of Hercules

THE STRONG HANDS THAT ANCHORED HER TO THE PRESENT, BELONGED TO THE VERY WOMAN WHO WASHED AWAY EVERY THOUGHT IN HER MIND. The warmth that enveloped Zaira made her dizzy, having been used to the cold for far too long. The soft lips that caressed hers were unlike any other she had ever tasted, even that of Seraphina. Her old mentor's lips were forced and stirred up a feeling of confusion, whilst Nayeli's elicited a sort of euphoria she had not once felt in her life. She felt as if she was teetering on the edge of insanity from the overload of feelings that she had painstakingly forced herself to suppress. 

The warmth of the Italian's lips began to slip away from Nayeli, her fingers digging into the woman's shapely waist as her lungs sucked in the cold air that surrounded them. The shorter woman's soft brown eyes had considerably darken, now resembling the rich brown soil that is fertile with life, the mystery in them causing the heir's heart to skip a beat. Her gaze began to drop further, her brown eyes the color of the sun's kisses. Mischief twinkled in those very eyes that were to be the death of Nayeli. It seemed an idea had formulated in the mind of her dearest. The corners of the mouth that Nayeli wished to claim once again, twinged upward, Zaira's gaze following suit as it connected with the taller woman's.

Soft hands released the crumpled black cloth, lovingly patting it. Nayeli remained still, awaiting Zaira's move as she allowed the slayer of repulsive men full control of the situation. The gaze between them was strong enough to hold the weight of the world if needed. The assassin was the first to break it, the clacking of her heel echoing with each moment. The heir did not dare to move a muscle, her body tense with excitement as she awaited her beloved's next move. A small part of her brain sprang multiple alarms in an attempt to force Nayeli to move as it was paranoid with the thought that it was all too good to be true. This was not the first time Zaira had effortlessly seduced a target. Could it be that she too was merely a target to Zaira?

The soft hands that grasped her shoulders seemed to scare away these thoughts. The warm breath that accompanied it tickled the shell of her ear, sending a shiver down her back. Her eyes closed at the overwhelming sensation, her heart beating in a frenzy as she eagerly awaited her beloved's next move. 

The thundering of newly awakened heart enveloped the seductress, its steadily erratic rhythm pounding out the courage to allow the words she had carefully spun together from the tangled web of her thoughts to slip past the guard that is her glossy lips. It would be the final test to see if her beloved was worthy of the risk she would be taking if she accepted her declaration of love.  

"To the echoing tune of the twelfth bell, the lights shall dance, their magnificence unable to be contained by the plaster walls that surround it. The sight shall only be seen where the motionless giants dwell as they dutifully protect the manor.  With the melody ringing through the veins, the key to the most heavily guarded chamber is earned." 

Nayeli could not help but shudder slightly as the captor of her heart's breath danced upon her nape. She had soaked in the riddle at once, the urge to laugh brewing inside her as an inkling of an idea as to why Zaira would speak in such odd terms popped into her head. Nevertheless, she could not help but poke fun at the obviously conflicted woman.

"Miss Di Fazio, you, a riddler? Not something you would"

"Dolcezza, for me to accept your declaration of love, you must prove your worth."

The words had just barely left her mouth when the Nayeli suddenly grabbed the hand that clutched her shoulder and spun her around, her seductress now nestled between her arms with her back laying softly on her chest. A sense of pride overwhelmed her at the sound of a rapid intake of breath, a smile weaving its way onto her majestic face.