𝐗𝐕⎥i told the stars about you

IT FELT AS IF HOURS HAD PASSED SINCE THEY LAY BESIDE ONE ANOTHER ON THE COLD FLOOR OF THE CATHEDRAL. In reality, the larger hand on the wrist watch Nayeli wore had only gotten halfway through its journey. The silence between the two was a peaceful one, each passing moment. Their aura had seemed to merge into one through the gateway of their intertwined hands. Occasionally, the two would point out the slight oddities of the ceiling above them, the soft chuckles that came after them electrified the place. 

It had not once crossed their mind to question the long absence of Cyra and Ehsan, choosing to rather enjoy the precious moment that they both feared would taken from them at any moment. Their fear was not an absurd one, seeing as it would quite possibly occur in a couple moments. 

"Cyra, I despise breaking this moment much as you do, but it is time for Dhuhr."

Cyra dramatically sighed, her elegant fingers mindlessly massaging Ehsan's head as they watched the two woman from afar. Years ago when Nayeli was first chosen as the heir, the two had officially pledged their loyalty to her. Though they were all similar in age, the two had watched Nayeli grow from the rough and aggressive child she was, to the poised and dignified warrior that commanded respect. 

Silently, she pat Ehsan's head, signaling them to move from their position on her legs. Cyra simply sat there, fear gripping her as her gaze landed upon the two figures sprawled on the ground, oblivious to Ehsan's movement. A large hand reached out to in front of her, gripping her idle hand that lay in her lap, seizing her attention once again. 

"Zaira will not hurt our Nayeli. Her eyes do not tell lies, " they whispered, words filled with conviction as a warm smile encompassed their face.

"It is not her I am wary of. She is from a world where honor has gone to the grave," Cyra chuckled, shaking her head slightly as her eyes telling a story of which had meaning to the woman, "Our acts may be as unfavorable as theirs, but our loyalty has never wavered." 

Ehsan shook their head at her words, pain in their eyes evident as they knew all too well what her eyes were saying, "There is no escaping fate, Cyra."

"It is time for Dhuhr,"she practically spat as pulled herself up using Ehsan's hand to aid her in her journey.

Ehsan watched as Cyra walked alway, the soles of her shoe writing her anger with each step. The truth of her words hurt. Ehsan was always one to overlook the slight possibilities for disaster. It was Cyra's job to be the practical one, she was rather good at being a pessimistic asshole when she wished to be. 

Soon the sound of their footsteps merged with Cyra's, the combined sound enough for the two women sprawled on the cold marble floor to spring up, tensed and ready to attack. Cyra, obviously, reached the pair first, whispering indistinctly to Nayeli who seemed to nod in agreement. A smile crept upon their face as they found the perfect opportunity to tease Nayeli.

"You better not have left the blanket up on the roof."

ZAIRA FOUND HERSELF DRIFTING TOWARD THE BORROMEAN ROOM ONCE AGAIN. She found herself in front of the statue of the naked woman, the cold of the floor easily seeping through the thin fabric of her dress. A smile captured her face as she reminisced in the moment she shared with Nayeli before. The trio had began their prayers and not wishing to make them feel uncomfortable, Zaira had left immediately.