WAKAS

it's been a long time. since it's acad break, I'm back for now. thank you for those who waited.

EPILOGUE
this is the last chapter.

"Uuwi ka na ng Pilipinas next year, diba Engineer? Uy, sama kami! Palibre na rin ng plane ticket, bossing!"

I tilted my head to the side when Paolo and Jason cupped their chins using their hands, smiling widely at me. Sabay silang nagpa-cute.

"Pay your own ticket. Both of you aren't broke," I answered before receiving the can of beer that Jason handed me.

Inaya nila 'kong lumabas. They told me they wanted me to check a construction site they've been working at. Nakalimutan ko saglit na scammer pala sila. That explains why we ended up in a karaoke soundproof room. Ako pa pinagbayad. They ordered one case of beer. Akala ata nila tubig 'yon, tangina.

The door opened and a woman entered. She smiled when she saw us but I looked at my beer when her stare lingered on me. Nilapag niya 'yung order nung dalawa sa lamesa.

"Please enjoy. Call me when you need me. I'm just outside," she advanced towards me and handed me a small card. "I'm Emilia," she gave me a seductive smile.

I nodded boredly and didn't say a word so she could leave right away. When she left, I looked at the card and shook my head when I saw her number printed on it. I drank on my beer before throwing it in the trash bin near us.

"Maganda 'yun! Calling card niya 'yon? Ba't mo tinapon?!" Umalma si Jason. "Ang sexy pa. Nag-effort pa na mag-english para sa'yo nung narinig tayong nag-usap sa labas!"

"Palagi kang ganyan, maglilimang taon ka na dito sa Switzerland, bossing," Paolo stared at me. "Tambak na ang mga bebeng nagpapakilala sa'yo pero wala ka man lang pinapansin kahit isa."

"I'm too busy for that," pagsisinungaling ko.

"Patay na ata sex life mo, Engineer! Ililibing na namin, ha," Paolo said and gave me a sad smile. "Condolence."

"Oo, bossing. Condolence dahil sa namayapang gobil mo," Jason tapped my shoulder pitifully.

I glared at the both of them. Halatang nang-aasar. They laughed.

"Sa sobrang focused magtrabaho, pati mga manliligaw mo sinasama mo sa mga marurupok na materyales na nirereject mo sa site," Jason shook his head and started to sing a German song kahot pumipiyok ang boses niya.

I swallowed the lump on my throat when I remembered the sole reason why I don't want to entertain a woman. No matter how hard I try to forget her, I can't. I can never look at any girl the way I look at her. I can't touch someone else the way I hold her in my arms. I can't be attentive to somebody else like how I give my full attention to her. It has been tough. But I am fully aware that I don't have the heart to love someone else other than her.

I smiled bitterly. Naiwan ata 'yung puso ko sa Pilipinas.

Even though it was hurt, crushed and broken to pieces, it's still with her. It belongs to her in the first place. And always will.

"Nakakapagod na kumanta! Ang ganda ng boses ko," Jason handed me the mic. "Your turn, Engineer!"

Paolo was eyeing me suspiciously when I handed him the mic. His eyes narrowed at me. He took the mic and held his chin while looking at me as I'm an autopsy for examination.