Chapter 43

#43

Yasi
"You're scaring me," I whispered while looking at his deadly eyes.

Every look he is giving me is making my bones weak. It's making me realize the selfish decisions I have made.

Nag-ring ang alarm ko. That gave me the opportunity to break away from being cornered by Reeve and walk to get my phone. I don't even know how I managed to walk with my knees shaking.

I was about to take it but Reeve grabbed my phone. Nanatili akong tahimik nang patayin niya 'yon at itinapon sa sofa habang malamig na nakatingin sa akin.

"Will you look at me?" Reeve clenched his jaw. "You said you'll explain. Now talk."

Mariin akong napapikit para humugot ng lakas. I gripped the hem of my shirt before facing him with confidence. Pero nanghina ako nang masalubong ang galit niyang mga titig sa akin.

I've never seen him this mad before. Never. Kahit noong kami pa. Those beautiful eyes were blazing with anger. Matched with his anger was the agony I can see in his face.

He was confused. All his emotions are messed up.

"Where do you want me to start?" Pinilit ko na patatagin ang boses ko.

Nahirapan akong huminga, lalong bumigat ang dibdib ko nang mapansin ko ang pagkuyom ng mga kamao niya. Right there and then, I knew he was fighting the intense emotions building up inside him.

"When did you found out about him?" The pain in his voice broke my heart.

Gusto kong itago ang takot sa mga mata ko ngunit tinalo ako ng sarili kong mga emosyon. Ito 'yung sandali na gusto kong tumigil na lang ang oras para makapaghanda ako sa sasabihin ko sa kanya. Kung pwede lang pabagalin ang oras, ginawa ko na kanina pa.

"Two days before we broke up," I whispered.

I bit my lip when he looked up and clenched his fist harder. Alam ko kung ano ang iniisip niya. It's hurting him so well.

"So my speculations of having you pregnant the moment Ate Phoebe accidentally dropped some pregnancy kits was right," he muttered weakly.

Bumalik ang ala-alang iyon sa isip ko. Yes, and I denied it. Ate Phoebe denied it, claiming those kits to be hers. Kasi buntis rin siya nung panahong iyon at hindi niya sinabi sa amin. It was supposed to be a surprise but I was a mess that time. She became the rock I could lean on and helped me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Reeve spoke hardly.

"Because I know you wouldn't leave if I did," I whispered.

"You were my life, Yasi," his voice broke. "What makes you think I'll leave knowing that you're carrying our child?!"

"That's the point! Hindi ka aalis!" I bursted out. "Paano na 'yung pangarap mo? Bata ka palang 'yun na gusto mo maabot diba?"

"You were the fucking ultimate dream, Yasi!" napasabunot siya sa sariling buhok. "I don't care about the job. You and the baby are more than enough reason for me to stay, dammit!"

Tuluyan na akong napaiyak sa narinig. Ang mga pinipigilan kong luha ay kusang nagsibagsakan. He's mad. I can feel his rage.

"Paano kita pipigilang umalis noon kung alam kong sa kulungan ang bagsak mo kapag hindi ka tumuloy ng Switzerland?" Mabigat sa loob na tanong ko. "You signed the contract long before we became together. At alam nating lahat nila Tita Monic na kapag hindi ka sumipot sa trabaho mo, mawawalan ka ng lisensya bilang engineer. You could have been imprisoned for breaking the contract with your agency."