To You

To A, who reflected my condition and inspired me to have positive velocity, opening my eyes to the possibilities.

To D, who showed me that love can come in the forms of jest, sternness, and well-intentioned insult.

To L, a once-distant and unreachable star whose name I now have the honor to misspell, an unexpected friend with unexpected talents.

To S, who showed me compassion within strength and strength within compassion and understanding and intellect through it all.

To M, who stayed when the rest left, who walked and drove with me in the hot summer sun, my confidante with an uncommon smile.

To K, who took me from an outsider to a part of a circle, with whom I share the light of laughter and the blush of the deepest stories.

To G, for the beauty of the fusion of cultures and for all the whispered hours-long conversations in the dead of night.

And to C, my first and my unbeknownst muse, and to F, for a different perspective from the same place, and to R, for humor and a life I cannot live,

And to E, for constant comradery and partnership despite the struggles, and to V, for the perplexity of grammatical case, and for H, for being so different yet impossibly the same.

And to L and Y, for fantasy and relatability, and to T and U, for enthusiasm and answers to my desperation, and to B and I, for letting me be a child again if only for a moment.

To all y'all,

'S breá liom sibh.